- 3.1 District Administrators
- 3.2 Kreistag
- 4.1 traffic 4.1.1 Road Traffic
- 4.1.2 Rail transport
The district Kelheim area is crossed from the southwest to the northeast of the Danube. She divides it into two components of different sizes. The smaller northern part, left the Danube is called Altmühlalb, named after the Altmühltherme that reaches the circle area in the northwest and flows in a southeasterly direction to terminate at Kelheim in the Danube. The Altmühltherme is channeled throughout the district, and therefore part of the Main- Danube Canal, on the can drive the ships at Kelheim in the Danube. The southern part of the county area, to the right of the Danube, the hills of the Hallertau, which is used for agriculture especially.
Neighboring counties are in the north and east of the district of Regensburg, in the southeastern district of Landshut, in the south of the district of Freising, in the west of the districts of Pfaffenhofen and Eichstätt and the northwest of the district of Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
In the area of present-day district of Kelheim 1803, the District Courts Abensberg, Kelheim and Riedenburg were formed. The first two were part of the rain circle, the district court Riedenburg first to Altmühltherme circle, from 1810 also the rain circle. 1838, the District Courts Abensberg Kelheim and came to Lower Bavaria, which was lower Danube circle until then. Ried castle remained with the rain circle, which was then known as Upper Palatinate. 1854 gave the district court Kelheim some communities from the courts Stadtamhof and Regensburg (both Oberpfalz). 1857 a separate country course Main castle was composed of 17 municipalities of the district court Abensberg and some communities of the neighboring district courts Moosburg and Oberpfaffenhofen. This made in 1862 with the 1838 court -appointed country Rottenburg an der Laaber the district office Rottenburg an der Laaber. The district court Ried castle came to the district Hemau. The two district courts Abensberg and Kelheim Kelheim onward formed the district office. 1879, the area around Ried castle was assigned to the district office Beilngries. 1901, the area around Main castle from the district office Rottenburg an der Laaber was removed and set up its own district office Main Castle. Finally, in 1908 a separate county was formed in Ried castle. From the four districts in 1939 were the districts of Kelheim, Main castle, castle Ried and Rottenburg an der Laaber.
As part of the Bavarian county reform in 1972, today's district of Kelheim was formed. The former district of Kelheim, the majority of the district Main Castle and the northern part of the district of Rottenburg an der Laaber and some communities of the county Riedenburg have been assigned. A few communities of the county Main castle was distributed to the districts of Landshut, Freising and Oberpfaffenhofen. The southern part of the district of Rottenburg an der Laaber came to the enlarged district of Landshut, two came to the district of Regensburg. The northern part of the district of Ried castle came to the districts of Eichstätt and Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
The district of Kelheim won 1988-2008 just under 22,000 residents added or increased by approximately 24%. He benefited from its proximity to the growth regions of Ingolstadt and Regensburg.
The population figures from 1840 onwards are based on the territorial status of 25 May 1987.
Coat of arms
Under a head of the shield with the Bavarian lozenges divided; forward split of silver and blue with three, two made -to-one heraldic roses in confused colors; back diagonally divided by silver and black. The elements come from the family coat of arms of the Wittelsbach family, the lords of Sittling, stone and Woehr, Ried castle and of Abensberg.
The council consists of 60 members with the following distribution of seats (as of March 2014):
- CSU 21 seats
- FW 10 seats
- SPD 9 seats
- Urban-rural Union 5 seats
- GREEN 4 seats
- ODP 4 seats
- Young List 3 seats
- FDP 2 seats
- BP 2 seats
Economy and infrastructure
By the district runs from southwest to northeast, the A 93 (Munich -Regensburg ). In Saalhaupt also branches off to the B 15n from a motorway-like trunk road, which will lead in the final over Landshut to Rosenheim. The following highways traverse the county: B 16 coming in the southwest-northeast direction and almost parallel to the A 93, B 299 in northwest-southeast direction and B 301 from the south.
The Munich airport is 25 km in a straight line from the county border. In Kelheim is the inland port Kelheim / hall.
The Bavarian State Railway opened in 1874, the Danube valley following route Regensburg - Ingolstadt, in a hall spur track after the county town of Kelheim branched off of the 1875.
From the neighborhood following local railway routes led into the circle area enter:
All these local railways and the spur track to Kelheim were shut down for the passenger, so from the original 79 kilometers of rail tracks just 40 km can be traveled by passenger trains. Some of the side routes are, however, even today (2006) still used for freight.
The numbers in brackets refer to the length of the route in the district.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Free community areas ( 79.24 km ²)
The district is 46 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites. See the list of geological sites in the district of Kelheim.