Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Kenny Wayne Shepherd ( born June 12, 1977 in Shreveport, Louisiana) is an American blues-rock musician. Self-taught, he began at the age of 7 years playing the guitar by nachspielte Licks Muddy Waters.
13 - year old, he was brought to New Orleans by the bluesmen Brian Lee and Stevie Ray Vaughan on a stage. After he was proven there, he decided on a professional career as a musician.
The good contacts of his father and manager Ken, a DJ and a known size in Shreveport, helped his son a recording contract with the major label Giant Records to get. His 1995 debut, released entitled Ledbetter Heights and in addition to his own compositions and some covers.
Shepherd is active on tour and in the studio with the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band.
On September 16, 2006 married Shepherd and Hannah Gibson, the daughter of actor Mel Gibson.
- Ledbetter Heights (1995 )
- Trouble Is .. (1997)
- Live On ( 1999)
- The Place You're In ( 2004)
- 10 Days Out: Blues from the Backroads ( 2007)
- Live! In Chicago, ( 2010) ( Grammy - nominated 2010: Contemporary Blues )
- How I Go (2011)
- Can not Get Enough (2013 ) ( with Stephen Stills and Barry Goldberg under the band name The Rides)
- Goin 'Home (2014)