Khanu Woralaksaburi District
Amphoe Khanu Woralaksaburi ( Thai: อำเภอ ขาณุวรลักษบุรี ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the southeastern province of Kamphaeng Phet. The Kamphaeng Phet province is located in the northern region of Thailand.
Adjacent Amphoe are seen from the west: the Amphoe Pang Sila Thong, Khlong Khlung and Bueng Samakkhi of Kamphaeng Phet province and Amphoe Banphot Phisai, Lat Yao and Mae Wong in the province of Nakhon Sawan.
1987 led students of Silpakorn University (Bangkok ) through archaeological investigations in the field of Khanu Woralaksaburi. They found at Khao Kalon several thousand year old stone axes and pottery jars.
At the time of the Kingdom of Sukhothai Muang Saen To was an ancient city, as well as Mueang Trai Trueng, Phan, Khanathi, Nakhon Chum Thep Nakhon and Chakangrao.
To Saen was first as a sub-district ( King Amphoe ) was established by the Tambon Saen To, Salok Bat, Tham Bo, Yang Sung and Rahan from Amphoe Khlong were separated Khlung. The sub-district was renamed Khanu Woralaksaburi 1939. In 1947 he was promoted to Amphoe.
Khanu Woralaksaburi is in eleven subdistricts ( tambon) divided, which in turn decay into 141 villages ( Muban ).
There are two small towns ( thesaban tambon) in the district:
- Khanu Woralaksaburi ( เทศบาล ตำบล ขาณุวรลักษบุรี ) consists of parts of tambon Yang Sung, Pa Phutsa and Saen To.
- Salok Bat ( เทศบาล ตำบล ส ลก บาตร ) consists of parts of the tambon Salok Bat.
There are also four " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations).
Note: Missing numbers refer to the Tambon, from which today Amphoe Bueng Samakkhi there.