Kieve is a municipality in the southwest of the district Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). The community is managed by the Office Robel -Müritz based in the city Robel / Müritz.
The agricultural community Kieve is located on the upper Elde in the southwest of the lake district, near the border with Brandenburg. The hilly area south of Kieve reaches 84 m above sea level. NN and is already a part of the Kyritz - Ruppin Heathlands. In about three kilometers away lie the Glambeck and the Mönchsee. The nearest towns are Robel / Müritz and Wittstock / Dosse.
The north of the village located hillfort of Klieve was created during the 7th-9th century AD. 1298 emerges originally Slavic populated place first time in a document. The Church in Kieve also dates from the 13th century.
Margrave Waldemar of Brandenburg gave the village to the Cistercian monastery Neuenkamp the Lower Rhine as restitution for damage to the nearby monastery at Mönchsee. Here farmed the monastery Altkamper a courtyard, which is attested in a deed of the year 1232. As date of origin therefore December 30, 1232 is considered.
Economy and infrastructure
Kieve has managed to retain its character as a farming village. A tradition is the annual harvest festival since 1946 in Kieve.
Kieve is off the national road links. The motorway junction Robel on the Autobahn 19 (Berlin- Rostock) is about 17 kilometers away, the federal highway 198 about nine kilometers (municipality Bolle Wick). The nearest train stations are located in about 20 km distance (in Wittstock / Dosse or Mirow ).
The early Gothic in the core Kievan village church of field and bricks with their wooden bell tower and rectory are under monument protection.
In the cemetery there are two graves with a common grave stone in honor of a Soviet forced laborers as well as a Soviet soldier known by name.