Kirchheimbolanden is a city in the southeast of Rhineland -Palatinate and also the administrative center of the municipality Kirchheimbolanden and county seat of Thunder Mountain Circle. Kirchheimbolanden is a nationally recognized resort and reported as a secondary center in accordance with state planning.
In Kirchheimbolanden, which covers 26.35 km ², population of just under 7800 inhabitants.
- 2.1 Place name
- 3.1 City Council
- 3.2 City Mayor
- 3.3 City Arms
- 3.4 Town twinning
- 4.1 Museums
- 4.2 Structures
- 4.3 Fixed
- 4.4 Education and training
- 4.5 Sports
- 5.1 Economics
- 5.2 traffic
- 5.3 authorities
Kirchheimbolanden lies in the Palatinate at the junction of the North Palatine hill country to the east adjacent Alzeyer hills. The core city is located about four kilometers (direct distance ) north-east of Mount Thunder on the slope of Wartberg, also called Schiller grove. In the urban area of Leiselsbach, a left tributary of the Pfrimm springs.
Kirchheimbolanden is divided into the core city and the district heath and the community parts Ambach, Bolanderhof ( part ), Edenbornerhof, Hesse hut, Neuhof, Rothenkircherhof and Schiller grove. Other residential places are traveling post 2262 Brunnenberg, brick plant Ebert, carbon cabin and brick cottage.
The annual precipitation is 585 mm. Rainfall is low. They are located in the lower quarter of the detected values in Germany. At 18 percent of the stations of the German Weather Service lower values are registered. The driest month is February. The most rainfall comes in June, in which 1.6 times more precipitation falling as in February. Precipitation varies only slightly and are distributed extremely evenly throughout the year. In just one percent of the weather stations, lower seasonal swings are recorded.
Kirchheimbolanden since the Gothic period dominated by the municipality Bolanden. In 774 the town was first mentioned, later he belonged to the lords of Bolanden. End of the 13th century Kirchheim was in possession of Sponheim sideline Bolanden - Dannenfels. From 1393 Kirchheim belonged to the House of Nassau. In 1368 the church Heimern the town rights.
His greatest heyday it among the princes of Carl August (1719-1753) and especially under Carl Christian (1753-1788) of the House of Nassau -Weilburg and his rich, clever and musical wife Karoline Princess of Orange - Nassau- Dietz. By 1790 the town was under temporary Further Austria. At times he was busy part of the French Département du Mont- Tonnerre under the prefect Jeanbon St. André in Mainz. During and after the Congress of Vienna included the city and region to General Middle Rhine, until they were then added to the Kingdom of Bavaria as Rheinkreis (later Bavarian Palatinate ). When the Rheinhessen Legion Kirchheim admitted hurry before a Prussian supremacy during the Palatinate uprising on 14 June 1849 remained Palatinate irregulars in the castle garden back unbenachrichtigt. In the battle of Kirchheimbolanden in the presence of the Prince of Prussia fell 17 irregulars.
The present name was given Kirchheimbolanden the city until the 19th century. Already in the 12th century church of St. Remigius was mentioned (later renamed St. Peter's ). This church gave the place its name. As the men of Bolanden was under the place it was Kirchheimbolanden later.
Colloquially called the city still Kerchem or neudeutsch Kibo. The inhabitants are therefore also called Kerchemer.
The council Kirchheimbolanden consists of 24 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman city.
The distribution of seats in the City Council:
Blazon: Shared, geschacht top in silver and black, down in a green border silver reinforced rotbezungter black boar.
Reason: coat of arms of the city shows far into the past and recalls the gentlemen who ertrotzten city rights. The lower half shows on a green background a black boar or a boar. It points to the rule of the Counts of Eberstein, while the upper half shows a checkerboard black and white on the same green background. This is to remind you of the Counts of Sponheim (Hunsrück ). They replaced the rule of the von Eberstein and they were the ones who were awarded in 1368 by Emperor Charles IV, the city rights for Kirchheim. Historically, however, to have been yellow and blue their colors.
- Louhans, department Saone -et -Loire, France, since 1976 ( A gift from the city is a stone Wutz ( boar / boars) from the arms of Kirchheimbolanden. She stands in front of the town hall. )
- Community Ritten, South Tyrol, Italy, since 1966
- Tschernjachowsk, Russia, since 2002
Culture and sights
In the official road 14 you will find the museum in the city palace of Urban and regional history, with over 1800 square meters of exhibition area one of the largest in Rhineland- Palatinate. The 26 departments provide impressive insights into the history of the city and the country. The main building of the museum was formerly thought of as a palace of the Crown Prince. Four other buildings are affiliated, including the former elementary school. The museum is open all year round except Mondays.
- Medieval city walls - the city is dominated by an approximately eight meters high, partially restored, medieval city walls on the south and west side of the old town.
- Old Building - Medieval and Baroque buildings, including numerous Kavalierhäuser and baroque over-molded medieval gate towers.
- Rococo palace - the former rococo palace belonged to the Barons of Geispitzheim, the former marshal of Nassau- Weilburg, later it became the tavern Zum Weissen Ross
- Dr. Edeltraud - Siessl Avenue - parallel to the castle garden wall, which includes the castle garden almost completely. The input form wrought iron gates. Previously lined chestnut trees on both sides of the avenue impressively, today they have been replaced by small lime trees.
- Orangerie - The former orangery of the residence - built in 1771 - is located along Dr. Edeltraud - Siessl Avenue opposite the castle garden wall.
- Ballhaus - Former Ballhaus - built in 1752 - in the Neumayerstraße, converted for residential purposes.
- Churches - St. Paul's Church is a Lutheran church and castle after castle the most significant building. The so-called Mozart Organ ( one of the last original baroque organs of Johann Michael Stumm ) in St. Paul's Church, on the namesake 1778 played even the most famous attraction of the city is. The St. Peter's Church is the parish church of the reformed borough, the tower dates from the 12th century. The churches are administered by the Protestant church.
- Castle - Since 1993, a double-leaf senior residence castle Kirchheimbolanden built on the old floor plans that saved the east wing to the present. The accompanying palace gardens were recreated by Heinrich von Brunck, or through an accredited him Frankfurt gardening and landscaping companies Heinrich Siesmayer in the 19th century. The latter 's grandson ( Duke Adolph of Nassau ) was commissioned last resided in Kirchheimbolanden and then fled princes with the sale of his extensive collection of plants and trees Biebrich Palace in Wiesbaden, as Prussia in 1866 annexed his duchy Nassau ironically.
- Roth Kircher court - on the road to the upper meadows lying in a horse farm remains of the Premonstratensian Rothenkirchen, which was canceled founded in 1160 by Werner II of Bolanden and his wife Guda and 1961 and on a major late Romanesque refectory (around 1200). The 25.02 m long and 8.40 m wide hall from first-class Rotsandsteinquadermauerwerk is divided by a series of five columns in two equal width ships. The capitals are from the north no longer occurring so-called straßburgisch - wormsischen type and carry a 12 - jochiges, strong gebustes cross vault with beaded ribs. Along the north side of the plate arches and stepped pilasters of the broken cloister have received. On the south side enters a strongly built lecturer niche out with a stone shed roof. The refectory is in very good condition about perfect, uniform quality- full building in the style of the Upper Rhenish- wormsischen late Romanesque and beyond a monument of great historical testimony regional value.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Kirchheimbolanden
The Kerchemer Beer Week is a celebration that is held in the Corpus Christi week every two years. At this festival a beer seminar followed by three festival days, are offered with the numerous breweries over 60 beers to taste. Sunday attracts a large parade through the streets of the city. Representatives of the " Kerchemer beer week ", but otherwise in a year, the malting barley Queen Rebecca I.und are Bierkönig Fritz I.. Annually on the second weekend in August, invites the residence hard to stay behind the walls Kirchheim Bolan dens. Numerous Hofbetreiber offer visitors in so-called Hoflauben and domestic catering all kinds of culinary delights. The Christmas market in the Old Town Kirchheimbolandener attracts visitors from far and wide on the second weekend of Advent. Clubs, hobby artists and showmen offer visitors a varied assortment of goods of all kinds Every year on the second Sunday in May a May market and on the second Sunday in October October market place.
The Nordpfalz school in Kirchheimbolanden, which emerged from the Latin School, founded in 1681, was able in 1981 to celebrate its 300th anniversary. Georg von Neumayer School is a secondary school plus and the primary school has a full-day offer. The Mathilde Hitzfeld School is a specialized school the funding priority reading. In the professional and continuing education are in place, the nursing school and the school care for the elderly of the Thunder Mountain district, the Heilpädagogium Schiller grove, the Kreisvolkshochschule Donnersbergkreis and Kreismusikschule Donnersbergkreis. On a personal level, the CJD - educational center of the Christian Youth Village work consists Germany eV. For children there are three kindergartens and a house of the youth, which is currently under the administration of CJD Kirchheimbolanden, the largest educational institution in the region.
Major sporting clubs in the city are the TVK, which is known for its basketball team in the men's league, SVK, which is located on the Schiller grove and its figurehead is the first team of the football department, the Tennis Club TCK, the Dancesport Community Green-White chess club Kirchheimbolanden and gun club " Tell", is home since the fall of 2008 the new clubhouse on the " Michel Sacker ".
Economy and infrastructure
The world headquarters of BorgWarner Turbo Systems, emerged from Kuehnle, Kopp & Kausch and Schwitzer Company, located in the city. The company JohnsonDiversey, a subsidiary of SC Johnson & Son, operating at the location Kirchheimbolanden the production of cleaning products for the sectors beverage, pharmaceutical and cosmetics. The company Asmetec specializes in LED lighting technology, and other technical products such as clean room / ESD technology and metrology. The company Louis Steitz Secura manufactures safety and occupational footwear.
The public transport system is integrated into the transport association Rhein- Neckar ( VRN). The 1999 re- appointed thunder mountain railway connects the Kirchheimbolanden Alzey. The rail link to the south was in the final stages of World War II interrupted by the destruction of the bridge at Marnheim and not resumed. For trips to Mainz / Wiesbaden since December 2007, the tariffs of the Rhein-Nahe Transport Association shall apply.
Kirchheimbolanden is by the A 63 - connected to the national road (Mainz Kaiserslautern).
In Kirchheimbolanden are the administrations of the Thunder Mountain district and the municipality Kirchheimbolanden with its services. In addition, it is the seat of the tax office Worms Kirchheimbolanden, branch Kirchheimbolanden.
See list Kirchheimbolandener personalities