Kirchseelte is a municipality in the district Harpstedt Oldenburg in Lower Saxony. The municipality had end 2010 1263 inhabitants and covers an area of 14.98 square kilometers.
The municipality still belongs next to the village of the district Kirchseelte Klosterseelte. A hamlet called Oerdekenbrück. However, this name is no longer used and is used only in some online route planners.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 assignments
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
Rivers / streams
Due to the locality of the monastery stream runs in a south-north direction.
The village Klosterseelte was first documented in 1253.
On March 1, 1974, the neighboring community Klosterseelte was incorporated.
On 1 July 1972, a field with about 200 inhabitants at that time was ceded to the neighboring community Heiligenrode.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms depicts a black fitting in the form of a stylized "K" and its adjoining mirror image with a total of ten silver nails on a golden background.
The historic train " January Harpstedt " which runs between Delmenhorst and Harpstedt, runs through the village.
The road L 338 runs from Harpstedt Heiligenrode direction through the town.
In Kirchseelte there is a community center with playground and barbecue hut and a volunteer fire department.
Personalities that act locally
- Julius HW force ( * 1917 in Bremen, † 2008 Kirchseelte ) has been used for decades very committed to the preservation of old farmhouses. He is the founder (1973 ) and long-time chairman of the first community of interest farmhouse, which has been the preservation and care of old village image formative half-timbered houses and thus the preservation and maintenance of rural domestic landscape in the whole of Germany set a goal.