Kitami (Japanese北 见 市, -shi) is a city in the sub-prefecture of Okhotsk on the island of Hokkaido (Japan).
Kitami is located east of Sapporo, west of Abashiri and Kushiro north of the Sea of Okhotsk.
- Train: JR Sekihoku Main Line
- National roads 39, 238, 242, 333
Every year since 1986 along the Lake Saroma Saroma the -Lake 100 - km ultramarathon through the communities Yubetsu, Saroma and Kitami instead.
- Kōchi Japan, sister city since April 28, 1986
Sons and daughters of the town
- Mari Motohashi (* 1986), curler
- Anna Ōmiya (* 1989, then Tokoro ), curler
Adjacent Cities and Towns