Klaus -Michael Mallmann studied at the University of Mannheim, history, sociology, political science and German literature and received his doctorate in 1980 with a study on the origins of the miners' movement in the Saar. From 1976 to 1987, he worked as a journalist at the Saarland Radio and received the 1979 Kurt Magnus price of ARD. From 1988 to 1992 he was a research associate at the University of Saarland in the framework of the research project " resistance and refusal in Saarland 1935-1945 ". After working on the research project " The Gestapo 1933-1945 " at the Free University of Berlin, he habilitated in 1995 at the University of Essen with a study on the social history of German communism from 1918 to 1933 and taught there as a lecturer. Since 2001 Mallmann works at the University of Stuttgart, where he has worked as an adjunct professor since 2004. Mallmann is scientific director of the Research Centre of the University of Stuttgart, Ludwigsburg, which cooperates with the Central Office of the State Justice Administration for the Investigation of National Socialist Crimes. He is the editor and co-author of a number of volumes of this institution for the Nazi perpetrators research.
Writings (selection )
- The beginnings of the miners' movement in the Saar: (1848-1904) ( Zugl.: Saarbrücken, Univ, Diss, 1980. ), Minerva -Verlag, Saarbrücken 1981, ISBN 3-477-00065- X.
- Communists in the Weimar Republic. Social history of a revolutionary movement ( Zugl.: Food, Univ, Habil - Schr, 1995.. ), WBG, Darmstadt 1992, ISBN 3-534-13045-6.
- The war in the dark. The Company » Zeppelin « 1942-1945, in Michael Wildt ( Eds.): Intelligence Service, murder and political elite unit. The Security Service of the Reichsführer SS; Hamburg Hamburger Edition 2003; ISBN 3-930908-84-0, pp. 324-346.
- (Ed.) German East 1939-1945. The ideological war in photographs and texts, WFTU, Darmstadt 2003, ISBN 3-534-16023-1.
- (Ed.) careers of violence. National Socialist perpetrators biographies, WFTU, Darmstadt, 2nd edition 2011 ( Erstaufl. 2004), ISBN 978-3-534-23811-8.
- (together with Martin Cüppers ) Crescent and Swastika. The Third Reich, the Arabs and Palestine, WFTU, Darmstadt, 3rd ed 2011 ( Erstaufl. 2006) ISBN 978-3-534-24025-8.
- (Ed. with Andrej Angrick, Jürgen Matthäus and Martin Cuppers ) The " event messages USSR " in 1941. WBG, Darmstadt 2011, ISBN 978-3-534-24468-3.