Kleinreifling is a village in the Enns Valley in Upper Austria, and cadastral village and the market town of Weyer in the district of Steyr-Land.
- 4.1 Traffic and transport of the area
Location and landscape
Kleinreifling is just a few kilometers north of the Styrian and west of the Lower Austrian border in the far southeast of Upper Austria on the iron road. The majority of the local area is characterized by a pronounced slope.
The center small hoop Ling is located at the foot of the 1373 meter high Ennsberges and is a linear village recent, since the old core is drowned in the dam area of the Enns. Geographically, the town center traffic is rather unfavorable, as the main road on the other side of the Enns passes leading to it and thus attracts only a few Foreign. The train station of Kleinreifling played an important role, especially in the past.
In the center very dense to closed development predominates, while in the remaining part of the local area is moderately dense to find to loose development, intervening with agricultural land. In relation to the corridor forms prevail mainly block batch and Streif Tight amount corridors both with and without Hofanschluss ago. The most common Hofformen are three tracts yards with a completely separate building wings and two wings - yards, where purchase and storage of vehicles, equipment and machinery are mounted directly to the house.
The area around present-day Kleinreifling was allegedly already provided by the Romans along the Enns with a road running. Through this development gradually followed the colonization of the area. After a rather short phase Celtic inhabitants of the colonization followed by the Slavs, thanks to which the town has its name ( Reifling: rifing of ryba, fish '). After partial clearing by the Slavs, the area around the present village of the Bavarians was finally completely cleared. During this time the first individual courtyards and corridors developed along the Enns River in the south.
To 1138 was made accessible with the help of the monks Garstner the area along the river Enns. The humble farmer was offered as compensation uncharted territory. Originally in the eastern part of the tribal duchy of Bavaria lying, counted the site since the 12th century to Archduchy Austria, from 1490 to the Principality of Austria was assigned if the Enns.
One of the biggest floods occurred around 1567. 1629 the town was badly hit by the plague epidemic. From the construction of a school is reported in 1781 in Kleinreifling. At that time one big community, the rural population of the municipality Weyer targeted in 1897, including the inhabitants of small hoop Lings, a separation from the center of the community in order to prevent discrimination through the iron industry. The larger surface area of the municipality was henceforth referred to as Weyer - country and became independent. The center of the original community was now only a few square kilometers and was given the name Weyer market.
The bridge over the Enns, which has always connects the districts on both sides of the river Enns, was destroyed by floods again and again, including in 1863 and 1899 to be rebuilt.
Since 1918 Kleinreifling belongs to the province of Upper Austria. As of March 13, 1938, after the annexation of Austria to the German Reich, were both Weyer market as well Weyer - country to Upper Danube. In 1945, the former municipality Weyer country was temporarily divided into two parts - the Enns became the border zones of occupation between Americans and Russians.
1967 was the Enns Weyer in operation. To this end, the old center in Kleinreifling 1966 cleared to prepare the impounding.
The place is located directly on the iron road (B 115).
Economy and infrastructure
A significant role for the development of the town plays the iron being. Although there is a large distance to the Styrian Erzberg Kleinreifling was involved in the iron processing since the 13th century. The convenient location, at the fork of the iron road Hieflau -Steyr, all lying directly on the Enns places brought economic benefits. Due to the enormous water forces the Enns the conditions for an industrial settlement were given. The following additional reasons are mentioned here:
- In the inhospitable terrain, it was hardly possible to feed many people. Therefore, a part of the industry had to be brought to the fertile foothills of the Alps near as possible;
- The heavy iron was to bring on the Enns easier to Main Thoroughfare Danube;
- For processing you needed large amounts of charcoal, which could be provided by more accessible forests;
- They needed waterfalls to operate hammers.
In Kleinreifling and the surrounding towns emerged during this period numerous ironworks. In the 15th century there was a considerable increase in production, which drew a division of labor in Nova hammers (separation of iron and steel) and the so-called Zainhämmer ( processing of the finer grades of cast iron ) by itself. During this time there were more than 700 raft transport between hammer plants in Steyr and Großreifling that led directly through Kleinreifling. These rafts were mostly 20 to 30 feet long and had to be controlled 4-5 men.
Another development represent the iron trades, which processed the data supplied by the hammers manufacturers into finished tools. Also the iron disciplines were later subjected to further specializations. 1499 adopted Maximilian I of Habsburg, a regulation, were instructed in the forest owners to supply wood and coal to the nearest hammer mills. This arrangement was monitored by specially appointed Woodruff. The unsteady development of the iron being led to numerous protests of the hammer workers and woodcutters who could not tolerate especially the frequent lack of food. The oldest evidence of hammers in Kleinreifling come from a land register ( called a register of ownership of a landlord and achievements of its basic subjects ) of the rule Steyr to 1424., But only in another land register of 1658 are at the Undern Reifling " 5 wälsche, 1 large, called 9 small and 2 Zainhämmer ". Middle of the 15th century were also some little rich, ore deposits discovered.
Until the 19th century, the iron was processed with charcoal - the abundance of wood small hoop Lings therefore played an important role in the development of the area. However, since the forests were not in possession of the hammer trades, had to forest and carbon as well as interest a publisher money to be paid. Responsible for managing the entire area was the Innerberger main trade union ( IBHG ), which was founded in 1625. According to records provided by 1879 IBHG hammer mechanism in Kleinreifling around 476 tonnes of crude steel. Between 1857 and 1862 the IBHG leased their farms - including those in Kleinreifling - to the Imperial priv Styrian Austrian steel mill company, was behind the foreign capital. The aim of this lease was the continuous reorganization of the works. The sale of the hammer mill Kleinreifling and its decommissioning in 1901 also meant also the end of the traditional Innerberger hammer district.
In 1974 built Ennsmuseum Weyer a comprehensive picture of natural, cultural and economic history of the Enns is on offer today.
The place is located directly on the iron road (B 115).
A few kilometers outside branches in the branch line box Reith Reith Amstetten case of the single-track railway Rudolf St. Valentin - from Selzthal. For this reason Kleinreifling has a comparatively large distance, which constrains in the valley. Through the ore trains Voestalpine of iron ore to Linz and regional trains from three directions, there is also a fairly high volume of traffic.
Traffic development of the area
After the opening of the first steam-powered railway in Austria, in 1837, the mid-19th century, the construction of a railway line by Upper Austria, Styria and Carinthia was planned. In 1865, finally came to authorize the construction and operation of Crown Prince Rudolf train. This railway line led by the Upper Austrian town of St. Valentin Steyr, by the place Kleinreifling and continue in the Steiermark to Hieflau, rotting man to Villach. The construction of the railway hem and flow paths were replaced as transport routes for the iron ore. However, the rafting continued to receive for the transport of timber. Only by the power plant of Energie AG came rafting definitive halt.
- Kindergarten Kleinreifling
- Elementary school Kleinreifling
In Kleinreifling there are 19 registered associations, including: