The Klodnitz in Gliwice
The Klodnitz (Polish Kłodnica ) is a right tributary of the Oder. It rises in Upper Silesia near Murcki ( Emanuelssegen ), a district of Katowice. It is about 76 kilometers long and flows in a northwesterly direction. In its course it flows through the large forests.
The cities are located on the Klodnitz Gliwice ( Gleiwitz ), Ujest and Kędzierzyn ( Kędzierzyn ). South of the city Koźle ( Cosel ) it empties into the Oder.
In the valley of the Klodnitz Built 1792-1812 Klodnitzkanal, which was replaced by the 1934-1939 Gliwice Canal was developed.