Komsomolskaya (Koltsevaya Line)
Komsomolskaya (Russian Комсомольская pronunciation? / I ) is the name of a station of the Moscow Metro on the ring line. This was put into operation on 30 January 1952, is an integral part of a major transport hub, as it is in close proximity of three train stations.
The station is located in eastern Moscow Center directly under the Komsomolskaya Square, which has given his time named in honor of Soviet youth organization Komsomol, but also the station its name. At the square, and thus to the Metro station is bordered by three railway stations - the Kazan, the Yaroslavl and Leningrad train station - and with the Kalantschowskaja station in addition to a regional station.
The station Komsomolskaya offers to transfer to the same station of Sokolnicheskaya line. With it, she also has a common entrance building on the north side of the Komsomolskaya Square, directly between Yaroslavl and Leningrad station. For Kazan station, which is located on the south side of the square, one passes through the transition to Sokolnicheskaya line or from the north side of the square by a pedestrian tunnel.
To Sokolnicheskaya line introduces a passage which can be reached by escalators in the middle of the platform. Alternatively, it can also be reached on the common entrance building. For this an escalator at the north end of the concourse.
The Komsomolskaya station located 37 meters under the ground. It was opened as part of the commissioning of the second portion of the Koltsevaya line of Kurskaja to Belarusian.
The central element of the station is its 190 -meter long and 10 m wide central platform, which is spanned by an arched, of 68 marble octagonal pillars supported the ceiling of up to nine meters high. With this construction, the Komsomolskaya, as well as most of the stations built in the early 1950s ring line to the architecturally most magnificent buildings in the Moscow subway. Heard The train shed was built to a design by the renowned architect Alexei Shchusev who did not live to see the opening of the station itself and was awarded for this project posthumously awarded the Stalin Prize.
In addition to several powerful chandeliers that hang over the central area of the concourse, including the mosaics on the ceiling of the hall of the most striking features of the station. They were created by artist Pavel Korin and are all dedicated to the Russian national heroes of different time periods, including Prince Alexander Nevsky, Grand Prince Dmitri Donskoi and Field Marshal Mikhail Kutuzov. Originally graced also an image of Joseph Stalin as victor over Germany during the Second World War, the station hall. However, it was removed in 1963 as part of the so-called de-Stalinization and replaced by a motif with the revolutionary leader Lenin. 1951 received Korin for the mosaics of the Komsomolskaya also the Stalin Prize.
So far, the station has a single output, which leads to the common entrance vestibule with the station Komsomolskaya the Sokolnicheskaya line. However, there are long-term plans for a second output which is to be built at the south end of the concourse.