Komsomolskaya Square (Moscow)
The Komsomolskaya Square (Russian Комсомольская площадь, transcription: Komsomolskaya ploschtschad ) volksmundlich also as a place of the three stations (Russian Площадь трех вокзалов, transcription: Ploshchad trjoch woksalow ), is a place northeast of downtown Moscow, Russia, on which three of the nine terminal stations in the city are located next to each other. It is a specific definition of the Leningrad, the Yaroslavl and Kazan station.
In the 18th century the area was known as the Kalantschowskoje Pole (Russian Каланчёвское поле ), the place itself was called until 1932 Kalantschowskaja ploschtschad. It was established in the construction of railway links the mid-19th century. Between 1844 and 1851, the Nicholas Station was built, called the Leningrad station today. The Yaroslavl railway station was built in 1862, its present building was erected in 1906-1907. 1864 was the then so-called Ryazan Station to 1894 he renamed Kazan station, the current building dates from between 1913 and 1940.
In Soviet times, the following buildings were added: The Club of the October Revolution ( 1925-26 ) by the famous architect Shchusev, the Central House of Culture of railway workers (1937 ) from 1949 to 1952, the Hotel Leningradskaya was built and in 1983, the department store Moskovsky.
The Leningrad station serves the transport direction of Saint Petersburg. It is the oldest railway terminus in Moscow, which is still one of the busiest.
The Yaroslavl railway station is the starting point of the Trans-Siberian Railway, and thus the longest thoroughfare of the enormous empire. Here goes including the Rossiya train from Vladivostok.
Named the Kazan station to Kazan, the capital of the Volga Republic of Tatarstan. The station was built in 1914-1926 according to the plans Alexei Viktorovich Schtschussews. From the Kazan station trains run to the Eastern Central Federal District, in the southern part of the Volga Federal District, such as after Bashkortostan or in parts of Kazakhstan.
At the western end of the square of the Kalantschowskaja Train Station. This is a 1865 built the local train station, exit from which today trains to Serpukhov and Tula about two kilometers further south Kursk station.
Under the Komsomolskaya Square, there are two stations named Komsomolskaya Moscow Metro: Built in 1935, the station of Line 1 and dating from the 1952 station on the circle line.