Konan (Japanese湖南 市, -shi, literally Seesüden ) is a city in Shiga Prefecture in Japan, south of Lake Biwa.
During the Edo period Ishibe was a post station (宿 场 町Shukuba -machi ) of the Tōkaidō.
Konan was born on 1 October 2004 by the merger of Chō Ishibe (石 部 町, -chō ) and Kosei (甲 西 町, -chō ) in Kōka -gun.
- Historical building of the post station Ishibe
- Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines: Choju -ji (长寿 寺)
- Hakusan Shrine (白山 神社, Hakusan -jinja )
- Jōraku -ji (常 楽 寺, Japanese National Treasure )
- Yoshimiko Shrine (吉 御 子 神社, Yoshimiko -jinja )
- Zensui -ji (善 水 寺)
- Street: Meishin highway, or to Komaki Nishinomiya
- Route 1, according to Tokyo or Osaka
- National Road 477
- JR Kusatsu Line, to Iga or Kusatsu
Adjacent Cities and Towns