Krasnoznamensk, Kaliningrad Oblast
Krasnoznamensk (Russian Краснознаменск, meaning roughly " Rotbannerstadt " German until 1938 Lasdehnen, 1938-1946 Costanosellari, Lithuanian Lazdynai ) is a town with 3522 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ) in the former East Prussia, in today's Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia.
The city is the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons Krasnoznamensk and the urban community Krasnosnamenskoje gorodskoje poss Elenie to the non- Krasnoznamensk nor the settlements Chlebnikowo (Russian Хлебниково, German Schilleningken, 1938-45 Ebertann ) ( 329 inhabitants, as of October 14, 2010 ) and Samarskoje (Russian Самарское, German Bergershof ) (42 inhabitants, as of October 14, 2010 ) belong.
Krasnoznamensk lies to the east of the Oblast, near the border with Lithuania in the midst of a predominantly agricultural Rajons. By Krasnoznamensk the Šešupė ( Scheschuppe ) flows.
A first mention of the village took place in 1521, at that time a village with the German name " hazel Pusch ". The name used since the beginning of the 18th century Lasdehnen is derived from the Lithuanian word " ladz " which means " hazelnut ". Already in 1578 the village was a church there, but burned down in 1661. The bridge subsequently had to be demolished in 1869 due to disrepair. The still existing church were built in the years 1874-1877 in neo-gothic style. Lasdehnen became the principal market town on the lower Scheschuppe. 1663 a water mill was put into operation, from which one of the largest mills developed Pillkallen in circles until the 20th century.
The place was 1944/45, in contrast to the former county town Pillkallen hardly destroyed and took over since their functions.
Note: Census data
In addition to the neo-Gothic church some more buildings from the pre-war period have been preserved.
Economy and infrastructure
In Krasnoznamensk there are small farms forestry and food industry (cheese factory).
Due to the city is the regional road R508 from Kaliningrad via Snamensk ( Wehlau ) and Gusev ( Gumbinnen ) to Neman ( Ragnit ), of which branches the R511 through the eastern part of the Rajons and on to Nesterov ( Stallupönen / Ebenrode ) here.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Dietrich Beyrau (* 1942), German historian, university professor