The circle Fischhausen was from 1818 to 1939 a district in the Regierungsbezirk Königsberg in East Prussia. The District Office was in town Fischhausen. 1910, the county covers an area of 1065 km ² 52 464 inhabitants.
After the reorganization of the circle outline in Prussia after the Congress of Vienna created with 1 February 1818 Circle Fischhausen in the district of Königsberg in East Prussia. The District Office was in Fischhausen.
The circle, the area belonged to the parishes Kumehnen, Fischhausen, Germau, Heiligenkreutz, Kunzen, Laptau, Lochstädt, Medenau, pillau, Pobethen, Rudau, St. Lawrence, Thierberg and Wargs.
Since 3 December 1829, county belonged to the new province of Prussia with its seat in Königsberg in Prussia since July 1, 1867, the district of the North German Confederation and from 1 January 1871 the German Reich. After the division of the province of Prussia in the new provinces of East and West Prussia the circle Fischhausen on April 1, 1878 was part of East Prussia.
On September 30, 1929 local government reform took place in the circle Fischhausen according to the development in the rest of the Free State of Prussia place, in which dissolved all previously independent estate districts and neighboring rural towns have been allocated.
On April 1, 1939, the district Fischhausen was dissolved. Parts of the municipalities goldsmiths, drink wit and Wargs and the local pine wood were incorporated into the city of Königsberg ( Prussia). The remaining communities came to the new district Sambia. In the spring of 1945, the old circle area was occupied by the Red Army and then part of the Soviet Union.
In 1910 there were in the county Fischhausen the two cities Fischhausen and pillau and 141 rural communities:
In addition there existed numerous estate districts.
The first circle was divided into townships, rural towns, and - until its almost complete disappearance - in estate districts. With the introduction of the Prussian municipality constitutional law of 15 December 1933, issued January 1, 1934 a uniform municipal constitution for all the churches. The former municipalities Fischhausen and pillau now were designated city. With the introduction of the German church order of January 30, 1935 April 1, 1935 became valid in the German Reich municipal constitution into force, after which the existing rural communities were now referred to as communities. These were grouped into administrative districts. On September 30, 1936, the city was designated pillau » pillau seaside town ." A new circle Constitution was not created; it still was the district regulations for the provinces of East and West Prussia, Brandenburg, Pomerania, Silesia and Saxony on 19 March 1881.
- Bruno Abegg (1833-1835)
- Kurt von Bardeleben (1837-1851)
- Otto Friedrich Theodor Kuhn (1855-1886)
- Erich Petersen (1906-1917)
- Adolf Hofer ( 1923 -? )
- Kordgien Gustav (1838-1907), born on Good Grünhoff
- Emil Neumann ( painter) ( 1842-1903 ), born in Pojerstieten, parish Kumehnen