- ÖVP: 7
- SPÖ: 6
Krensdorf is a municipality in the district of Matter castle in Burgenland in Austria.
The Hungarian name of the village is Tormafalu, the Croatian village name is Kreništof.
- 5.1 Regular events
The small valley settlement Krensdorf lies between the heights of Rosalie and Leitha Mountains in the flat area on either side of Hirmerbaches. Through the forested landscape lead hiking and biking trails.
Before Christ's birth, the area was part of the Celtic kingdom of Noricum and belonged to the area of the Celtic hillfort castle on the Schwarzenbacher Castle Hill.
Later, under the Romans today Krensdorf then lay in the province of Pannonia.
The place belonged, like the rest of Burgenland until 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Tormafalu.
After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after negotiations.
The place Krensdorf belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ).
Mayor Karl Izmenyi (ÖVP ) Vice Mayor Hubert Michalitsch ( SPÖ).
The parish council is composed of Gottfried summer (ÖVP ) and municipality treasurer Beate Fröch (ÖVP ).
Municipal councils are Johann Horvath, Josef Mayerhofer, Stefan Dorner and Manfred gold nail (all ÖVP ) and Gerald Jagschitz Morawitz Maria, Maria Schachtner, Elisabeth and Franz Diewald Krispl (all SPÖ).
The distribution of seats (13 seats) in the municipal council: 7 ÖVP and SPÖ 6 mandates.
Culture and sights
- Catholic Parish Church of St.. Sigismund
- Sebastian column
- Shrine, Fish cross
- Dorfmeister Chapel
- John column
- Krensdorfer Kirtag: The Krensdorfer Kirtag is celebrated on the fourth Sunday after Easter. The " plow carrying" the " plow -boys", is a herrührender from the last century custom. With this move, the model of a plowing farmer is carried to the inn, where the solemn Kirtag dance takes place.
- Hotterwanderung: the " Hotterwanderung " takes place annually
- Pilgrimage on foot: continue held annually a pilgrimage on foot to the Basilica of Mariazell.
Culture and Associations
In the club life of the community, there is a volunteer fire department and a Beautification Association and the Community Sing "Multiple Voices" and the community of interests " IG Culture transparent".
Sons and daughters:
- Johann Stockinger (1880-1962), metal workers and politicians