Kriesow is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District. The municipality is located north of Neubrandenburg. Until 1 January 2004, the municipality was part of the Office Kastorfer lake and has since been part of the Office Treptower Tollensewinkel based in Old Treptow.
Geography and transport
Kriesow is located about ten kilometers northeast of Stavenhagen. The municipality can be reached by the Federal Highway 20 over the Old Treptow connection. It lies in a Endmoränenzug whose heights are, at a 100 meters.
- Borg field
Church Borg field
The village church was inaugurated in 1774 in Mecklenburg Borg field has been renovated in the years 2008/2009 for 175,000 euros. The Baroque sacred building was put into use on April 26, 2009 in a church service by Bishop Andrew of Malt tooth again solemnly. The very dilapidated church had not been used since 1980. A Friends of the receipt of the building had founded an initiative to rescue the village church Borg field just before the final decay. The future use see before offering sermons and cultural events. The municipality belongs to the parish church in the county Ivenack Stargard.
The organ from 1864, built by Friedrich Hermann Lütkemüller, is currently in the Lady Chapel Malchin.