Kristian Ghedina ( born November 20, 1969 in Pieve di Cadore ) is an Italian former Alpine skier and motor sports.
Living in Cortina d' Ampezzo Ghedina won in his career 12 World Cup downhills and a Super G and was able to win a total of 33 podium finishes (29 runs, 4 Super - Gs). In the 1991 World Ski Championships in Saalbach, he finished second in the combination, he finished second in the downhill at the World Ski Championships in the Sierra Nevada in 1996. 1997 in Sestriere he took another bronze in the downhill. He also holds the valid to date course record of 2:24,23 minutes on the Lauberhorn downhill race with his victory in 1997, reaching an average speed of 106.33 km / h.
His last World Cup victory he achieved on 14 December 2001 in Val Gardena, but then drove in five seasons for another 15 top ten places, including two podiums out. During his run in the Hahnenkamm downhill in Kitzbühel on 24 January 2004 he stunned and enthusiastic audience and TV commentators with a sliding tackle on the go in the target shot and drove it to sixth place.
On 26 April 2006, he announced in a press conference the end of his alpine skiing career known because he was denied for security reasons a starting place. He sought then while promoting his friend Alex Zanardi a career as a racing driver in, denied the end of April 2006 the first Formula 3000 race in the International Masters at Team Scuderia Bigazzi and started in 2006 in the Italian touring car racing series " Campionato Italiano Superstars" on a BMW M3 the ROAL team of Roberto Ravaglia, thereby Ghedina has gained 32 points in seventh place. In 2008 he went to the start and finished with 56 points in 5th place final ranking.
In March 2009 Ghedina was at the Italian Ski Championships in the downhill and super-G at the start. On the descent, he took it to sixth place. In 2010 he started at the Italian Championship and departure was 23
Success in alpine skiing
- Albertville 1992: 6 combination, exit 11
- Lillehammer 1994: 20 Departure
- Nagano 1998: 6 downhill, super-G 16
- Salt Lake City 2002: 35th departure
- Turin 2006: 23 Departure
- Saalbach -Hinterglemm 1991 second combination, 9 Super -G
- Morioka Shizukuishi - 1993: 13 Departure
- Sierra Nevada 1996: 2nd exit, 14th Super -G
- Sestriere 1997: 3rd exit, 7.Super -G
- Vail / Beaver Creek 1999: 9 Downhill, Super-G, 10, 12 combination
- St. Anton 2001: 23 Super -G
- St. Moritz 2003: 11 Departure
- Bormio 2005: 15 Downhill, 46 Super -G
- Three times second in the downhill standings, twice fourth in the overall World Cup
- A total of 33 podiums including 13 victories:
- Victory in the downhill Evaluation 1988/89
Kristian Ghedina won a total of 12 Italian league titles:
- Departure ( 6): 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000
- Super -G ( 3): 1990, 2000, 2002
- Combination ( 3): 1995, 1997, 1998