Krok Phra District
Neighboring districts (from north clockwise): Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Sawan and the Phayuha Khiri of Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, and Amphoe Mueang, Thap Than Sawang Arom and the province of Uthai Thani.
The county Krok Phra was originally called Noen Sala. However, since the district administration was due to a traffic- awkwardly, the government moved in 1899 to manage to Ban Krok Phra on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River. The name of the district was changed accordingly.
Ban Krok Phra was originally called Ban Krok, what about the village is on the edge. A local legend tells of an old couple who wanted to bring a large Buddha statue with a raft of Sukhothai to Ayutthaya. When the raft arrived in Ban Krok, it broke and the statue sank in the river. Since then, the inhabitants call their village Ban Krok Phra ( Phra พระ, short for: Buddha statue ).
Amphoe Krok Phra is ( tambon) divided into nine municipalities, which in turn in 63 village communities ( Muban ) are divided.
In the district there are two small towns ( Tambon thesaban ):
- Krok Phra ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล โกรกพระ ) consists of the whole tambon Krok Phra.
- Bang Pra Mung ( เทศบาล ตำบล บาง ประ มุง ) consists of the whole tambon Bang Pra Mung.
There are also eight administrative organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).