Krumbach ( Schwaben) is the second largest town in the Bavarian- Swabian district of Günzburg.
- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Public Institutions and Education
- 5.3 Media
- 5.4 Municipal Finance and Taxation
- 6.1 freeman
- 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town including the eingemeindeten places ( in chronological order )
- 6.3 personalities with respect to the city ( in chronological order )
Krumbach is located in the natural area of the Lower Iller- Lech- gravel boards, in the valley of Kammel, a tributary of the Mindel, which drains into the Danube. The districts Niederraunau, Billenhausen and deer Rheinfelden are as Krumbach in Kammeltal, Hohenraunau on the ridge between the Kammeltal and the valley of Krumbächles which opens in Krumbach in the Kammel. The other two districts, Eden Hausen and Attenhausen lie east of Krumbach in the valley of Haselbach, a tributary of the Kammel, the further north, empties in Naichen (municipality Neuburg an der Kammel ) in the Kammel. The spa Krumbad between Krumbach and Eden Hausen on the eastern edge of the small valley of the pond trench, as the Krumbächle in Krumbach opens into the Kammel.
The landscape is dominated by forests and agricultural land ( arable and Gründlandwirtschaft ). Krumbach is located at 512 meters above Normal Amsterdam Level measurement point on the parish church of St. Michael. The loud Regional Plan preferable to developing agent center Krumbach is part of the planning Danube-Iller region. The city is located about halfway between Ulm, Augsburg and Memmingen.
The districts Krumbach, Hürben, Attenhausen, Billenhausen, Eden Hausen, Hohenraunau and Niederraunau reflect the formerly independent communities that make up the present-day municipality.
. Krumbach was first documented in 1156, the market was right the place Krumbach 1370, the center of the southern district, was under Habsburg rule from 1305 to 1805, was once a part of the Margraviate of Burgau to the front- Austrian territories world; with the Peace of Pressburg Krumbach was Bavarian. 1895 Krumbach became a town, on October 1, 1902 the company merged with the neighboring village Hürben. Until 1933 the village Hürben or the city had a comparatively high proportion of Jewish citizens in Bavaria ( → see Jewish community Hürben ). 1938, all still living there Jewish citizens were first brought to the Günzburger prison. Of which could by the year 1941 27 people emigrate, and another 18 moved to other cities and the last 16 Jewish citizens Hürbens were deported and murdered in 1942. Overall, in the period of National Socialism 38 Jews were killed, who were born in or Hürben Krumbach or longer time lived here.
Until June 30, 1972 Krumbach was county town of the district of Krumbach ( Schwaben).
On October 1, 1902, until then independent municipality Hürben was incorporated.
With the local government reform, the municipalities were Hohenraunau (1 January 1972), Billenhausen with deer Rheinfelden (July 1, 1972), Eden Hausen with the Krumbad ( 1 January 1973), Attenhausen (1 January 1977) and Niederraunau (1 May 1978) incorporated. Niederraunau is already mentioned in 1067 and was raised under Georg von Freyberg of Maximilian I in 1494 to the market.
The following population figures always refer to the town of Krumbach with the districts:
Based on the 2011 census, the population was 31 December 2011, 12,404 of the city. Of these, 5,999 were male and 6,405 female.
The city council has 24 members. Since the local elections of 2008, the seats are distributed on the following lists:
- CSU: 10 seats
- SPD: 5 seats
- Independent Free Wählergemeinschaft: 5 seats
- Young voters / Open list: 4 seats
First mayor since May 1, 2008, Hubert Fischer ( Young voters / Open list). Deputy Mayor Gerhard white.
Coat of arms
The city colors (red and white ) as well as the coat of arms (in red diagonally left a silver wave bars) recall the long affiliation with the Margraviate of Burgau and thus Austria.
Culture and sights
Krumbach has some attractions. So one of the old town hall on the market square, a half-timbered building of 1679, as well as to the townscape formative attractions such as the Baroque Catholic parish church of St. Michael of 1751/1753 and the Schloss Krumbach 1530. Catholic Church of St. Ulrich, whose construction is controversial, was ordained in 1438 at the latest. The so-called Landau - house was built in 1799 and now houses the costume counseling office of the Bavarian administrative region of Swabia. At museums Krumbach has the means Swabian homeland museum where the history and the culture history of Central Swabia on about 1500 m² explained. The Wax Museum Krumbach shows art, which was made of wax. The Mühlkapelle is a testimony of the many small Baroque chapels in Upper Swabia. The Gothic Hürbener surge of 1478 is now home to the counseling center for folk music of the region of Swabia. Furthermore, in the city include more individual buildings to area attractions, including the modern church of Mary Help of Christians Church. In the districts, there are furthermore other attractions including the Dossenberger - vicarage in Billenhausen or Niederraunauer castle. The Kneipp path leads about 4 km through the city, on the Kammel and on Krumbächlein along.
Economy and infrastructure
In the city are among other automotive suppliers, paint factory, plant and process engineering, weaving, wax products factories, carpet factory, online printing and a known silver manufacturer. Krumbach is the headquarters of the internationally active in plant construction Lingl Group, the largest employer. The group Borgers AG also operates a plant in the town and is the second largest employer.
Krumbach is located on the country's development corridor of national significance Günzburg- Mindelheim, resulting from the Mittelschwaben path existing from 1892 ( Günzburg- Krumbach Mindelheim ) and the Federal Highway 16 ( Regensburg Donauwörth- Günzburg- Mindelheim - feet ) forms, as well as on the B 300 Ingolstadt -Augsburg- Memmingen. The motorways 7 (Memmingen -Ulm ), 8 ( Stuttgart -Munich) and 96 (Munich -Memmingen -Lindau ) can be reached journey in approximately 30 minutes.
Since July 2009, the city bus service, carried out on the principle of demand -driven surface operation. The Flexibus called minibuses operate not only in Krumbach and the districts, but also in all the places located in the municipalities of the administrative community Krumbach ( Schwaben).
Public Institutions and Education
Krumbach is home to many authorities as a police inspection, the Office for Rural Development Swabia, the Office of Nutrition, Agriculture and Forestry (responsible for the districts of Günzburg and Neu-Ulm ), a state-owned building department, a branch of the District Office of Günzburg and the centralized financial Schwaben North. School location Krumbach serves the area to the Lower Allgäu ( Babenhausen ). Thus, a secondary school, a secondary school, a gymnasium, a specialized secondary and vocational secondary school, a vocational school with three affiliated vocational schools, a vocational school for music and an Academy for Social Education are located in Krumbach, as well as a primary school.
The funds Swabian News, a local edition of the Augsburger Allgemeine, the local daily newspaper for Krumbach and the southern part of the district of Günzburg, the former district of Krumbach. Furthermore, the report Swabia echo and extra Mittelschwaben, weekly (small) display leaves, about the events of the immediate and wider environment. The local radio station based in Memmingen hitradio.rt1 - Südschwaben can be heard as a local radio station.
Municipal Finance and Taxation
The trade tax rate of the city Krumbach is located at 335 %.
- Ferdinand tear (1837-1904), mayor from 1893 to 1902
- Karl sheath (1869-1929), government official, great patron of the city
- Einsle Theodor (1853-1934), wine wholesalers and Mayor ( 1903-1918 )
- Heinrich Sinz (1871-1951), pastor and local historian
- Franz Aletsee (1898-1965), director and honorary mayor ( 1948-1963 )
Sons and daughters of the town including the eingemeindeten places ( in chronological order )
- Heinrich Thannhauser (1859-1934), art dealer
- Maximilian Bernhart (* 12.10.1883 in Krumbach, † 01.10.1952 in Türkheim ), numismatist, director of the National Coin Collection Munich
- Ernst Buschor (1886-1961), archaeologist
- Franz thousand (1884-1942), alchemist and impostor
- Justin Thannhauser (1892-1976), art dealer
- Martin Egg (1915-2007), local poet
- Walter West Rupp (1944 ), folk singer, former member of the duo Witthüser & West Rupp
- Michaela Pilters (* 1952), German journalist
- Hermann Sallinger (1953-2002), entrepreneur, lecturer and author
- Paul Perry ( born 1953 ), ventriloquist and entertainer
- Gerd Müller ( * 1955), German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development ( CSU)
- Wilhelm Schmid ( born 1953 ), philosopher, lecturer, author and columnist
- Volkher Häusler (born 1958 ), conductor and church musician
- Gerhard Wisnewski (* 1959), writer
- Frank Naegele (* 1964), politician ( SPD)
- Thomas Tuchel (born 1973 ), football coach
- Mario Jeckle (1974-2004) German computer scientist, author
- Tanja Wörle ( b. 1980 ), football player
- Wörle Thomas ( b. 1982 ), football coach
Individuals with regard to the city ( in chronological order )
- Hedwig Lachmann (1865-1918), Jewish literary figure
- Otto Schorer (1917-2006), born painter
- Carlo Schellemann (1924-2010), painter and graphic artist
- Karl Ganser (* 1937), internationally known urban developers
- Sigurd doctor ( b. 1943 ), Technical Illustrator and Artist
- Thomas LUMPUR (* 1963) Bundesliga chess players, FIDE Master
- One kilometer east of the city lies the spa Krumbad, the oldest spa in Swabia. Its origins date back to the 14th century.
- The music club of the city cultivates relationships with the musicians in Caldaro, South Tyrol.
- The chess club Krumbach decades plays a dominant role in Swabia and Bavaria. Both the ladies and the men's team pushed forward to the 2nd Bundesliga.
- A kilometer away the Niederraunau Castle located in the same district. The castle, located in an idyllic location near Krumbach was partly owned by the Barons of Ponickau and was extensively renovated in recent years.
- About six kilometers west of Krumbach in Günztal is the top Weiher, a popular swimming lake, where there is also a site since 2005.
- Krumbach is located on Kammeltal bike path.
- In the 1960s, Conrad Schumann, who was known by the photograph of his escape from the GDR world worked several years in the winery Einsle in Krumbach. He was then living in what is now the district of Eden Hausen.