Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Shah Rukh Khan: Rahul Khanna
- Kajol: Anjali Sharma
- Rani Mukerji: Tina Malhotra
- Farida Jalal: Mrs. Khanna
- Reema Lagoo: Mrs. Sharma
- Archana Puran Singh: Ms. Briganza
- Himani Shivpuri: Rifat Bi
- Johnny Lever: Col. Almeida
- Anupam Kher: Principal Malhotra
- Sana Saeed: Anjali Khanna
- Paarzun Dastur: Silent Sardarji
- Salman Khan: Aman Mehra
- Neelam: they
And all of a sudden it's love ... (Hindi: कुछ कुछ होता है, Urdu: کچھ کچھ ہوتا ہے, kuch kuch hota hai, literally: Something Something happens, English Translation: Something Something Is Happening; Alternative title: wedding to Indian) is a Bollywood film, which was released in India and in the UK on 16 October 1998. In the U.S. and the UK, the film was released under the title Something happens in my heart or Something Is Happening.
The film is a romance with Kajol and Shahrukh Khan, repeat their successful Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge screen chemistry from their previous film. Rani Mukerji plays the third part of the love triangle in the film. Salman Khan has a guest role. The plot is melodramatic and begins with a review of earlier, happier times and then returns to the present, in which played a young girl, Sana Saeed, working to lead the relationships of all parties to a happy end. The name of the little girl and the character of Kajol 's Anjali.
The film is the debut of director Karan Johar, who also wrote the screenplay. He later uses many elements of this film, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi to make Gham. The film was very successful in India and won the most important prizes in the Filmfare Award ceremony in 1999.
Although the film does not follow the trend of NRI or used only locations abroad, the video for the title song in Glen Coe, Scotland was filmed.
The original title Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is often abbreviated to " Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ".
The very popular and conceited Rahul and the tomboy Anjali are best friends and go together to the St. Xavier 's College.
When the daughter of the Dean, Tina, comes to her college, is the duo a trio - at least Anjali sees it that way. Rahul, however, falls in love with Tina. As Anjali noticed that she loves Rahul and applying all her courage to confess to him her feelings, Rahul informs her about his feelings for Tina. Anjali is devastated and leaves school, never to be seen again Rahul.
Tina and Rahul get married, but Tina dies after the birth of their daughter Anjali and leaves these eight letters. Anjali opens at every birthday one of the letters. On her eighth birthday, she opens the last. It told her mother of Rahul and Anjali's relationship in college. Her mother knew that even though she married Rahul and so was his wife, she was never his best friend and his true love, and so they commissioned Anjali her father and namesake bring together.
Anjali turns to her grandmother, Rahul's mother, and studied with her to the older Anjali. This works at the time in a summer camp called Sunshine, where she teaches children singing and dancing. Anjali travels along with her grandmother and against the will of her father there, after which her father nachreist and the older Anjali met, which ever is no longer a tomboy: it is now an elegant young woman. Old feelings and memories come very quickly to the surface.
The problem now is: Anjali is engaged to Aman. Aman, however, already suspects that his fiancee is not as much in love with him as he. So he travels after her, the summer camp. His doubts are even more stoked, especially when the young Anjali tried to pair him with another. Anjali is torn, but then feels obliged but Aman and travels with him back to her family. Just before Anjali marries Aman, Rahul confesses his love for her and Aman dissolves the engagement, because he understands that his fiancee is not in love with him. Anjali and Rahul get married and be happy.
- Filmfare Award - Best Actor ( Shahrukh Khan)
- Filmfare Award - Best Actress ( Kajol )
- Filmfare Award - Best Supporting Actress ( Rani Mukerji )
- Filmfare Award - Best Supporting Actor ( Salman Khan)
- Filmfare Award - Best Director
- Filmfare Award - Best Film
- Filmfare Award - Best Art Direction
- Filmfare Award - Best Screenplay Award
- Star Screen Award - Best Direction
- Star Screen Award - Best special film in Hindi
- Star Screen Award - Best Music Direction
- Zee Cine Award - Best Actor ( Shahrukh Khan)
- Zee Cine Award - Best Actress ( Kajol )
- Zee Cine Award - Best Supporting Actress ( Rani Mukerji )
- Zee Cine Award - Best Direction
- Zee Cine Award - Best Lyrics
- Zee Cine Award - Best Music Direction
The soundtrack to Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was composed by Jatin Lalit, and the lyrics of Sameer written, the publication under the label of Sony Music on 13 August 1998.
- Both Shahrukh Khan, as well as his movie daughter Sana Saeed Rahul and Anjali have as a guest appearance in Salman Khan's Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, in which Rani Mukerji plays along.
- Rani Mukerjis role was offered Tabu, Urmila Matondkar, Aishwarya Rai, Raveena Tandon, Twinkle Khanna and Karisma Kapoor, all rejected.
- During the bicycle sequence at the beginning of the film in the first song Kajol lost control of her bike, crashes, passes out and hurt her knee. Just before the accident is cut. Shahrukh Khan reported that Kajol lost her memory so for a short time.
- The first of five previous films in which occurred Shahrukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji together. In Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham have all three main roles. In the other films Mukerji and Kajol cameos have in a song.
- During the Nilamshow in which Rahul his daughter sends a greeting, Nikhil Advani and Farah Khan have a cameo appearance. Nikhil aligns his girlfriend that he has found someone else, namely Farah.
- Karan Johar wanted to synchronize Rani Mukherjis smoky voice.
In the German-speaking free television, the film was the first time on 25 February 2005 under the title on Indian wedding on the cultural channel Arte in the night program in full, but out of sync with German subtitles (OV ). The TV station RTL2 decided as part of its series Bollywood film under the German title And all of a sudden it's love ... to radiate in an abridged version in prime time on 16 September 2005. The uncut version in German language showed the pay- TV station Passion for the first time on 4 October 2008.
RTL 2 commissioned for synchronization again the company synchronous synchronous Bavaria in Munich, dialogue director was doing Dagmar Preuss. For the lead actor Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, it was decided again for the voice actor Pascal Breuer and Natasha Geisler, but the German voice for Rani Mukerji was determined using a casting, since Tanja Geke regarded as their hard voice. Also the selection of Claus Brockmeyer for the well-known Indian comedian Johnny Lever meant since a continuous re-occupation.
"Indian commercial cinema in its purest form: exotic colors, thrilling music and dance performances and a heartbreaking and dramatic action. "