Kumano (Japanese熊 野 市, -shi, literally, bear box ) is a town in the Japanese prefecture of Mie.
Kumano is located north of Shingu and south of Tsu on the Pacific Ocean.
Kumano was posted on November 3, 1954 from the former municipality Kimoto (木本 町, -chō ) and the villages Arasaka (荒 坂 村, -mura ), Araka (新 鹿 村, -mura ), Tomari (泊 村, -mura ), Arii (有 井村, -mura ), Kamikawa (神 川村, -mura ), founded in Gokyo (五 郷 村, -mura ) and Asuka (飞鸟 村, -mura ) of the district Minamimuro.
- Onigajo (鬼ヶ城)
- Street: National road 42, 169, 309, 311
- Brazil Bastos, Brazil, since 1972
- Japan Sakurai, Japan, since 1986
- Italy Sorrento, Italy, since 2001
Sons and daughters of the town
- Shigeru Kasamatsu ( gymnast )
Adjacent Cities and Towns