Kurume (Japanese久留 米 市, -shi) is a city in Fukuoka prefecture on the island of Kyūshū in Japan.
Kurume is known for its azaleas. The city has a partnership with flowers Nagai in Yamagata Prefecture.
Kurume Fukuoka is located south of and north of Kumamoto.
- Ishibashi Museum of Art
- Roads: Kyushu Expressway
- National Road 3: Kitakyushu or Kagoshima
- National roads 209, 210, 264, 322, 385
- JR Kagoshima Main Line: Kitakyushu or Kagoshima
- JR Kyūdai Main Line: to Oita
- JR Kyushu Shinkansen: to Fukuoka or Kagoshima
- Nishitetsu Tenjin Omuta Line: to Fukuoka or Omuta
Kurume is an industrial and commercial center for the Chikugo - plane, which is dominated by agriculture. Important products include cotton, rubber products, but also paints and chemicals.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Kaname Akamatsu (1896-1974), economist
- Shigeko Hirakawa, artist
- Kiyonori Kikutake, Architect
- Seiko Matsuda, singer and actress
- Leiji Matsumoto, mangaka and director
- Koichi Nakano, cyclists
- Izumi Sakai, singer
- Rena Tanaka, Actress
- Reina Tanaka, singer of Morning Musume
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Fukuoka Prefecture Ogori
Hall of Kurume