Ladir ( [ ladi ]? / I ) was on 31 December 2013 to a municipality in the district of Surselva Ilanz above the canton of Graubünden in Switzerland. On 1 January 2014, merged with the former municipalities Ladir Castrisch, Duvin, Ilanz, luffing, Pigniu, Pitasch, Riein, Rueun, Ruschein, Schnaus, Sevgein, Siat the new community Ilanz / Glion.

Coat of arms

Blazon: Shared by blue and silver ( white ); in a blue sechsstrahliger gold star and silver in a green Dreienberg

The coat of arms symbolizes the scenic location of the resort and the picturesque effect of the Church of St. Zeno of Ladir.


The community is a mountain village in a gently sloping trough on the south bank ( = northern ) slope of the Anterior Rhine Valley, high above the valley floor of Ilanz share of the pre- glacial. Of the total area of 721 ha community 363 ha are used for agriculture ( mostly as mountain pastures ). Woods and forests cover 304 hectares of its territory; additional 35 ha are unproductive area (usually mountains) and 19 ha settlement area. In the lower part of the village Ladir goes into Ruschein.


From the end of 2004 117 inhabitants were 104 Swiss citizens. It is spoken Sursilvan.


The council consists of five members. The mayor is Sigi Andreoli (2010 ).


Previously, the population of meadland, cattle and Alpine lived. With the increase in motorization of commuter traffic has increased sharply down into the valley.


The community promotes tourism projects, which, however, currently not playing a significant role.


The community is connected through the postal car price Ilanz - Ruschein - Ladir grid of public transport. In Ilanz is connecting to the rail network ( Chur-Disentis/Mustér ). Ladir is off the main roads, but only 4.7 km from the main road from Chur to Disentis / Muster. The nearest motorway junction is Reichenau an der A13. The Senda Sursilvana, a long distance footpath along the young Rhine leads from this very Reichenau ago by Ladir towards the Oberalp Pass.


The area has been inhabited for millennia. Mysterious stone circles are in the landscape, their astronomical alignment is related to the sun. In a crevice coins were found dating from the 8th century. The place name is first mentioned in the year 831 in a rich land register. In the Middle Ages there were many free peasants. As 1556 came a part of the inhabitants to the Reformed doctrine, these people were forced to emigrate or to return to the Catholic Church. An independent municipality Ladir was only in the year 1851. During the 19th century there were two major fires. During the first fire in 1848, a large part of the forest cover has been destroyed, burned the great fire of October 14, 1891 by careless handling of fire by two boys almost the entire village from.


Since 1980, the municipality does not have a school more. The children from the neighboring village of Ruschein Ladir go to primary school. The secondary school they attend in Ilanz.


The village church of St. Zeno, the first building was first mentioned in the year 998, is worth seeing with its choir paintings.

From the church one has views of the area.

From the church one has views of the area.