Laem Sing District
Amphoe Laem Sing ( Thai: อำเภอ แหลม สิงห์ ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the province of Chanthaburi. The Chanthaburi province is located in the eastern region of central Thailand.
Adjacent Amphoe (clockwise from the northwest ): the Amphoe Tha Mai, Mueang Chanthaburi and Khlung Chantaburi province. To the southwest lies the Gulf of Thailand.
In the southeast of the county lies the estuary of the Maenam Welu ( Welu River ). It consists of about 27 km ² shallow mudflats and mangrove forests ..
The Laem Sing district was established in 1898 under the name Phlio. The government made in 1909 funds available to build a larger administration building, at the same time the county was renamed in Laem Sing. The administration building was renovated in 1966 and 1996.
- National Park Namtok Phlio ( อุทยานแห่งชาติ น้ำตก พลิ้ว ) - named after the waterfall Phlio ( น้ำตก พลิ้ว - Namtok Phlio ), which translates as " smooth motion " means.
Amphoe Laem Sing is divided into seven subdistricts (tambon ), which are further subdivided into 65 villages ( Muban ).
There are two small towns ( thesaban tambon) in the district:
- Pak Nam Laem Sing ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ปากน้ำ แหลม สิงห์ ) consists of the whole Tambon Pak Nam Laem Sing,
- Phlio ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล พลิ้ว ) consists of parts of Tambon Khlong Nam Khem and Phlio.
Furthermore, there are four Tambon Administration Organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).