- Sridevi: Pallavi / Pooja
- Anil Kapoor: Virendra Singh Pratab
- Waheeda Rehman: Dai Jaa
- Anupam Kher: Prem
- Deepak Malhotra: Siddharth Kumar Bhatnagar
- Lalit Tiwari: Sudeshwar Narayan Tiwari
- Ila Arun: Gypsy
- Dippy Sagoo: Anita Malhotra
- Richa Pallod: young Pooja
- Manohar Singh: Pallavis father
Lamhe (Hindi: लम्हे, translated: Moments ) is a Bollywood film from the early 1990s and was praised by the critics and was in the UK a great success. Only in India, the film flopped and yet he won at the Filmfare Awards five awards, including best film in the category.
After several years in London, the rich young ruler Virendra Pratap Singh returns at last to his homeland Rajasthan, India. There he visited his surrogate mother Dai Jaa and also applies to the pretty neighbor's daughter Pallavi. Although she is a bit older, he falls instantly in it. However, Too late he realizes her love for Siddharth. It breaks his heart and he sacrifices his life for.
After Pallavi and Siddharth got married they have an accident in a traffic accident. Even before the death brings Pallavi birth to a daughter. Viruses returns to London. He's responsible for the baby 's death Pallavis Pooja. However, Dai Jaa takes over the education of the girl.
Years later virus comes back to visit and strikes the now adult Pooja. At the sight increased his breath: Pooja resembles her mother on her hair. And while she falls in love with viruses, he rejects it.
With Dai Jaa Pooja travels to London to pay a visit to viruses. There they get to know Virens friend Prem, who can suffer well right away. However, even Anita, Virens girlfriend of Viren's great love white and so the jealousy meet rises in her.
One day Pooja is a hand drawing. She believes herself to be seen in the picture and viruses but something feels. Therefore, they confronted him with it and must enttäuschterweise learn that there is a misunderstanding and the woman pictured but it is not her mother.
Pooja returns with a broken heart back to India and viruses decides ado to take to wife Anita. Out of defiance, even Pooja wants to marry.
In India: In the village Pooja told an audience a folk tale when she discovers among the villagers viruses. After Pooja had left London, viruses realized his love for her. Both did not get married, fortunately, and so to them, nothing stands in the way.
The song Kabhi Main Kahoon originated from a melody that was used in the film Chandni as background music. In the famous Parody sequence Waheeda Rehman dancing to the smash hit Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai from the movie Guide, by she had also played.
Filmfare Award 1992
- Filmfare Award / Best Film to Yash Chopra
- Filmfare Award / Best Actress Sridevi at
- Filmfare Award / Best Comedian at Anupam Kher
- Filmfare Award / Best Story of Honey Irani
- Filmfare Award / Best Rahi Masoom Reza dialog
- Filmfare Award / Best Actor at Anil Kapoor
- Filmfare Award / Best Supporting Actress at Waheeda Rehman
- Filmfare Award / Best Director at Yash Chopra
National Film Awards ( 1992):
- National Film Award / Best Costume Design Neeta Lulla at
This and That
- According to Yash Chopra, this film (besides Silsila ) his favorite movie. Karan Johar also counts as his favorite movie Lamhe.