Langen bei Bregenz
Langen bei Bregenz is a municipality with 1331 inhabitants (December 31, 2013) in the district of Bregenz in Vorarlberg. The municipality is situated on the southern slopes of the pledges stick, about ten kilometers from Bregenz.
- 3.1 Demographics
The community Langen bei Bregenz is located in the Lake Constance- Rhine Alps in the Rhine Valley. As Langen, however, lies very close to the Bregenz Forest, the community is in some ways still to be counted for the Bregenz Forest region. How Long can be found, for example, among the places the cheese Route Bregenzerwald, a consortium of Bregenzerwald farmers, innkeepers, craftsmen and retail operations.
Of Long composed the opportunity to wander about three thousand meter high mountains. The highest is the 1,095 m high Hirschberg, who shares his name with the 1834 m high Hirschberg at Bizau. From it can be seen on the 1069 m high mountain, and on the 1064 m high " mountain" Bregenz ', the pledges.
The municipal area of Langen borders on nine communities, all of which are, with the exception of Scheidegg, a Bavarian village, in the district of Bregenz.
The origin of the name "Long " is probably due to one of the first settlers in the area. That this was called the " long " or " long ", are also probable, because numerous other parcels names have emerged in the area in a similar manner. Originally called Langen only the present village of the municipality, the village, while the other parts of the church today Langen were collectively referred to as background Rickenbach Tobel or background Tobel.
In 1422 a Dominican convent at Hirschberg was founded, which burned down in 1460 due to a lightning strike and was then moved to Kennel Bach. At about the same time existed in the settlement Langen also a small chapel, which belonged at this time the mother parish of Bregenz. For ecclesiastical separation from the parish Bregenz only 1565th Ten years later, it happened in 1575, the congregation of the White creek Huber was the inclusion of the community west parts enlarged.
Essentially following the areas outside of the Middle Bregenzerwald was the church in the years 1765/66, as a road connection from Weiler im Allgäu about Langen and the Bregenz rock face was built to Bregenz. This road was part of the Salt Road from Solbadhotel Hall of the Rhine Valley. A Transport for wagons and later cars but was only possible from the year 1903, when there was the first paved road from Bregenz Kennel Bach -Kuster Mountain and the Wirtatobel to Langen. Just one year earlier was the Bregenzerwaldbahn that drove in the riverbed of the Bregenz Ache between Bezau and Bregenz and had a stop Long - book, was connected to the railway network the community. Although had the so-called in the vernacular " Wälderbähnle " in 1980 to cease operations, but the main road was in the years 1980/81 as compensation for significantly expanded and upgraded to Langen.
The municipal council consists of 15 members. Mayor Joseph is Kirchmann, Deputy Mayor is full Elisabeth Next. The municipality revenue from taxes and other charges in 2001 were at € 1,191,183, the municipal expenditure at € 1,747,223. The debt was 2001 313.584 €.
Culture and sights
- Parish Church of St. Sebastian
- War memorial north of the parish church
- House south-west of the parish church with a tent roof and staircase
- Chapel in the Abbot Pfanner House
- St. Mary's Visitation Chapel in Hirschbergsau
- Maria chapel on the Hirschberg
- Old and New Fatima Chapel on the studs
- Bach bridge saws
Economy and infrastructure
At the site there was in 2003, 26 companies in the industrial sector with 101 employees and 8 apprentices. Taxable wage -employed, there were 602 Locally there is (as of January 2003) 73 students. In Langen, near Bregenz, there is also a kindergarten.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Franz Pfanner, Abbot