Langenlois is a town in the district of Krems- Land in Lower Austria with 7518 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013).
- 4.1 Demographics
- 6.1 Mayors since 1945
- 8.1 Viticulture
- 8.2 Regional Cooperation
- 8.3 traffic
- 8.4 schools
Langenlois located in the southeastern quarter of the forest at the bottom of Kamptal and at the foot of the mountain Manhart. The area of the municipality is 67.12 square kilometers, of which 27.25% is forested. The loess soils and favorable climatic situation ( influenced by the Danube Kamp Milde) provide an excellent basis for viticulture.
The municipal area covers seven villages (in brackets population as at 31 October 2011):
- Gobelsburg ( 784 )
- Langenlois ( 4640 )
- Mittelberg ( 178)
- Reith (212 )
- Schiltern ( 696 )
- Zeiselberg (166 )
- Zöbing ( 716)
The municipality comprises the cadastral Gobelsburg, Grove Village, Langenlois, Mittelberg, Oberreith, Schiltern, Unterreith and Zöbing.
In the municipality of Langenlois find several zip codes use. For the majority of households in the villages of Retz and Gobelsburg - Zeiselberg and Mittelberg the postcode is 3550 use. The places Reith and Schiltern have the zip code 3553rd The place Zöbing and a few households of Retz have the zip code 3561st
Coat of arms
Blazon: .. " A red, the Cross after a natural brook through coated plate in its upper parts, a flat, green begraster, from a natural grain field passing the mountain in the lower shields parts rises from the Fußrande a green vineyard on the main edge of the of. an ornamented bronze colored bezel surrounding the shield rests a silver mural crown with five visible battlements. "
First mention was at 1081st Since 1310, the city has the right market and the municipal law since 1925. The creek and the area were of the settlers from the north on account of their sensations " Liubisa ", the " Lovely " named. The name has repeatedly changed its shape. Liubes, Lewbs, Leubs, Langenleys and finally Langenlois. 1082 is the diocese of Passau Weinzehent in and around Liubisa to the monastery Göttweig, which already presupposes profitable viticulture. 1141 gives the Bavarian Duke Leopold Reichersberg two fiefs in Liubes and the right to obtain wood from the forest between Kamp and Krems. Viticulture and the " forties forest " were closely connected with the settlement.
The settlement had grown from the beginning of two parts, which differ in buildings. The "lower Aigen " with the forties houses the seat of the merchants and traders and thus the markets: grain Course ( Traidmarkt ) and timber yard. The " upper Aigen " from Anger bach up was the wine growers village. The two Aigen had each its own judges and were united in 1430. Langenlois received market rights in 1310; 1346 the right to choose his own judge; 1411 Leonhardi market is granted; 1518 the coat of arms is awarded and approved the Dorotheamarkt.
The prosperity of the citizens also had an impact on the cultural field. The Parish Church of St.. Lawrence received plenty of donations and foundations, so that they could be repeatedly enlarged and embellished. The Civil Niklas Gfeller built during the Civil Hospital Elisabeth chapel and endowed them richly. In spite of the misery of war and the postwar period, the city now offers the image of a distinguished community.
Mayor of the municipality is Hubert Meisl (ÖVP ) Vice Mayor is Leopold Groiß (ÖVP ).
City councils are Harald Groll ( ÖVP), Monika Gruber (ÖVP ), Stefan Nastl (ÖVP ), Franz Parth (ÖVP ), Thomas Redl (ÖVP ), Werner Buder (SPÖ ) and Andreas Nastl ( Green ). Environmental council is Josef Hausmann ( ÖVP) and youth council is Christian Kittenberger (ÖVP ).
The council has 29 seats. After the municipal elections of 14 March 2010, the following distribution of seats shall: ÖVP 20, SPÖ 4, The Greens and the FPÖ - 3 OPAL 2
Mayor since 1945
- August Kargl (1945-1960)
- August Saxony Eder (1960-1970)
- Clean Johann (1980-1990)
- Kurt Renner (1990-2008)
- Hubert Meisl (since 2008)
- Noah's Ark
- Town houses; partly with arcaded courtyards of the Renaissance
- Holy Trinity Column and Plague (1713 ) on the grain with plague saints in place of full-length version and in representation of relief by the sculptor Andreas Krimmer.
- ' Experience Gardens Kittenberger '
- Museum with significant prehistoric and early historical exhibits.
- Kamp waiting; 1897 lookout tower erected on the sacred stone.
- Works of art " without a name "; on Käferberg and in the cellar lane before Loisium
- LOISIUM cellar world; sensational construction of the U.S. architect Steven Holl
- Nicholas Church; Gothic style with Romanesque core and late Gothic nave, 15th century
- Parish Church of St. Lawrence; Gothic style, nave in Romanesque core, wooden flat ceiling, Basilica fit with two side aisles, raised presbytery with pointed arches; Gothic altar shrine with five female figures of saints; Wing by the painter Helmut Kies 1964 adds: scenes from the life of St. Lawrence. The tower at the eastern end of the south aisle, 1754-56 increased ( 56 m ) and the Baroque style, is owned by the municipality. When chimes a mobile transmitter is housed. 1959/60 was a comprehensive renovation and recycling of the church building in the Gothic stage of construction. 1982 Karnergewölbe was discovered under the chancel.
- Show gardens of the horticultural school Langenlois * staircase Langenlois
- Schloss Gobelsburg; the manor in 1725, expanded to a stately castle. 1740 acquired the monastery Zwettl the castle. In the chapel there is a ceiling painting depicting Mary and a side altar with the representation of Saint Bernard of Kremser Schmidt in 1769. Till the 1990s was in the lock a branch of the Austrian Museum of Ethnology. Gobelsburg Castle is the seat of the winery Schloss Gobelsburg.
- Castle Grove Village
Economy and infrastructure
Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001 286, agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 515 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census, 3041. The employment rate in 2001 was 45.09 percent.
The main industry is in both Langenlois itself and in the places of congregation of viticulture. Langenlois is the largest wine community in Austria.
The municipality Langenlois is a member of the small region Kamp South.
Langenlois is crossed by the Kamp Valley Road ( B34 ). The municipality is situated on the Kamp Valley Railway. The ÖBB operate the Langenlois station and request stops Gobelsburg and Zöbing / Kamp. The line E (St. Pölten- Waidhofen an der Thaya ) of Wieselbuses runs several times daily stop Langenlois roundabout. The bus company PostBus runs several stops of lines 1356 ( Litschau-St. Pölten ), 1403 ( Krems -Mühlbach am Manhartsberg ), 1404 ( Krems - Langenlois ) and 1407 ( Schiltern - Langenlois ) in the urban area of Retz to. The 115.6 km long Kamp valley trail with its starting point in Altenwörth and its target point in Zwettl performs Langenlois.
- School of Horticulture Langenlois
- Vocational School for the construction industry
- Garden village school primary school Schiltern
- Middle school Langenlois
- Music School Langenlois
- WISO college for social work Langenlois
Significant born in Langenlois personalities
- Leonore Ehn (1888-1978), actress, was born in Langenlois.
- Johann Endl (1897-1960), the Lower Austrian state representative, was born in Langenlois.
- Höfinger Konrad (1886-1938), Nazi politician and Lower Austrian state representative, was born in Langenlois.
- Anna Höllerer (* 1953), politician and Member of Parliament, was born in the district of Gobelsburg.
- Anton Hrodegh (1875-1926), prehistorians and promoter of the Kamp Valley Museum
- August Kargl (1898-1960), politician and Lower Austrian State Deputy Governor, was born in Langenlois, where he was mayor.
- Josef Leopold (1889-1941), Gauleiter of Lower Danube and state leader of the NSDAP, was born in Langenlois.
- Johann Pettenauer (1902-1985), Austrian politician and Lower Austrian state representative, was born in the district of Gobelsburg.
- Werner Vasicek (1939-2013), local historian and paleontologist, was born in Langenlois.
- Irmie Vesselsky ( born 1984 ), singer- songwriter and pianist, was born in the district Schiltern.