- ÖVP: 12
- SPÖ: 7
- FPÖ: 2
Langenwang is a market town with 3960 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the judicial district Miirzzuschlag and in the political district of Bruck - Miirzzuschlag in Styria.
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
Langenwang located in the northeast of the Austrian province of Styria, the highest point is named after the polar explorer Roald Amundsen Amundsen altitude (1666 m) in the southeast of the municipal area.
The municipality comprises the following eight villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Feistritzwerke Mountain (126 )
- Hönigsberg (186 )
- Langenwang ( 3182 )
- Langenwang - Schwöbing (231 )
- Lechen (54 )
- Mitter Berg ( 142)
- Pretul (73 )
- Traisbach (12 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Feistritzwerke Mountain, Hönigsberg, Langenwang Langenwang - Schwöbing, Lechen, Mitterberg, Pretul and Traisbach.
Langenwang was first documented in 1232. The over the valley floor uplifting fortress Hohenwang has demonstrably existed for 1122 and 1222 is first mentioned. Hohenwang was the administrative center of the area. The Church of St. Andrew dates from the 13th century.
End of the 18th century Schloss Neu - Hohenwang was built in the valley. The local church as an autonomous body created in 1850. After the annexation of Austria in 1938, the community was part of the Reichsgau Styria, 1945-1955 part of the British zone of occupation in Austria.
In 1940, the district Hönigsberg, which housed the steel processing industry - even today there are in Hönigsberg many industrial companies - with about 1,500 residents of the municipality Langenwang separated and the district town (then county seat ) connected Miirzzuschlag.
1951 occurred in Langenwang a heavy train wreck with 21 deaths, which caused a stir in all of Austria.
With effect from 1 January 1972 Langenwang was awarded by the Styrian Government, the right to use the designation " market town ".
" N.k. " = not a candidate
Coat of arms
The award of the municipality coat of arms was made with effect from 1 June 1961. Coat Description: In a split of blue and gold in the battlements cut shield a golden crown at the top and a blue St. Andrew's cross in the lower field.
Culture and sights
- See also: List of the listed objects in Langenwang
- The Church of St. Andrew is the oldest building in Langenwang. From the Romanesque period of construction of the 13th century, the basic form of the church tower and the 14th century, the early Gothic choir dates.
- The ruins Hohenwang located on a steep, south-west nearly vertical rock mountain
- Castle Feistritzwerke ( Murz )
- Community partner is the market Nittendorf in the district of Regensburg in Bavaria. The partnership was established in 1982.
- Partnership contacts, there is also the Bavarian municipality of fish in Allgäu ( Oberallgäu ) and the district Langenwang.
- Sepp Roseggerhaus (1874-1948), physician and composer - son of writer Peter Roseggerhaus
- Gisela Laferl, married Wozniczak (1884-1968), politician, hotel management, founding chairwoman of the company founded in 1911 " network of female and male domestic workers in Austria", " unity ".
- Karl Panzenbeck (1899-1967), teacher and humorist
- Peter Hirsch (1915-1989), politician
- Franz Schöggl (1930-1982), musician and composer, was from 1951 to 1967 and from 1965 bandmaster head of the church choir in Langenwang
- Winfried Seidinger (1931-2009), politician
- Josef Straßberger (* 1946), politician
- Franz Preitler (* 1963), Austrian. Author, dialect poet and local historian
- Kurt Russ ( b. 1964 ), football player and national team coach, used at the World Cup 1990 in Italy
- Wolfgang Geisler (born 1978 ), cyclist, several participations in the Tour of Austria
- Karin Blaser (* 1979), alpine skier (alpine ), Junior World Champion and European Cup winner
- Robert Winkler ( * 1991), alpine skier ( ski cross )