33190 LAS REGUERAS
Las Regueras is a comune ( concejo in Asturias, corresponds municipio in the rest of Spain ) in the south of the autonomous community of Asturias in Spain.
The community with its 1931 inhabitants ( January 1, 2013 ) has an area of 65.85 km ². The main town and administrative center is Oviedo, 13 km away.
Finds in the places Valduno and Soto evidence of a settlement already in the Paleolithic. The persistent, even increasing population is shown by additional finds from the Neolithic Age in the caves of La Paloma, La Ancenia and Las Mestas and several hill forts today.
From the time of the Roman occupation the road from Astorga to Lugo de Llanera, as well as smaller fortifications are still visible and commit. From the reign of the Asturian kings, the first Christian religious buildings such as the monasteries of Santa María de Valsera, San Martín de Escamplero, San Juan de Trasmonte and San Pedro de Nora, who belonged to the diocese of Oviedo come. Persistent disputes of the bishops of Oviedo and Lugo led King Alfonso VII convene a meeting on papal recommendation to end this discussion. Here it was decided that the diocese of Oviedo receives, among other things, the full responsibility of the areas around the rivers Rio Nora and Rio Nalón. 1421 receives Las Regueras by Bishop Diego as one of the last cities the municipal law.
The dependence ended in 1587, by decree of Philip II, who commanded the famous confiscation of church property by the Crown to pay expenses that had to bear the Spanish crown because of various wars. Since then, Las Regueras constituted as an independent municipality with its administrative seat Viado.
Geography and climate
Pleasantly mild summers alternate with also mild, rarely severe winters. In the highlands of the winters can be quite severe. Large forests with alders, poplars, oaks and chestnut trees are typical of the community. The two rivers Nalón Rio and Rio Nora characterize the wide valley. Traditionally, today over 70 % of the workforce in agriculture, specially engaged in cattle breeding and dairy farming. The well-known " Queso Afuega'l Pitu ", a cheese made from raw milk from the cow, is the most famous product of this acquisition branch.
The 11 seats in the municipal council are distributed as follows:
On the Way of St. James
Passing through the municipality, the oldest part of the Camino, the Camino Primitivo. The pilgrims are two refugio available:
- Albergue del Escamplero - El Escamplero, s / n - El Escamplero ( Concejo de las Regueras ) Tel: 985 799 005
- Historical ALBERGUE de Peregrinos in Premoño
Las Regueras is divided into 6 parroquias:
Culture and sights
- Church of San Pedro de Nora, originally Alfonso III. attributed to recent studies, however, date the church in the time of Alfonso II
- Church " Iglesia de Santa Eulalia " in Valduno with impressive pinnacles and a remarkable bell gable.
- Palace " Palacio de Viado " in Santullano
- Chapel and " Palacio " in Bolgues from the 17th century
Regular events (fiestas )
Numerous events which can be read updated on the website of the city under " Fiestas ".
- Population figures, see 1931
- Zip see
- Coordinates and range- height information see Google Earth