Lautrach is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Iller angle.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 3.2 flag
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
The place is situated 601-631 meters above sea level. NN on a mountain top between the Lautrach Iller and about 11 kilometers south of Memmingen and 32 kilometers north of Kempten in the Danube -Iller region in central Bavaria.
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipal area consists only of the district Lautrach.
The municipality Lautrach include the places Lautrach, Dilpersried, Neuwelt, Schnall, craggy and Wigelis.
The first known name of the settlement is Luteraha of Alemannic ah = Bach and louder = clear, pure, clean.
Lautrach was first mentioned in the year 840. The place had one of the oldest knight seats in Swabia. The medieval castle was Altenlauternach stable since 1164 the seat of Henry of Lauternach. 1337 he was assigned to the Schellenberger. From 1417 to 1609 Mr. Landau had held him. 1609 came the reign of the Lords of Palatine Muggenthal. During the Thirty Years War, the plague raged in Legau ( 1628/30 ). The Swedes marched 1632, looted and burned the village down partially. 1641 sold the Earl of Muggenthal out of necessity the village to the pin of Kempten. There it remained until the secularization. Meanwhile, the Iller bicycle path runs through the Lautracher municipality.
From 1781 was the Prince Abbot of Kempten, in Honorius Roth of Schreckenstein that Lautrach palace built in three years of construction as provost and hunting lodge, as a replacement for the burned old castle. 1803 Bavaria is the new owner of the castle. 1805 will be auctioned off to the French Count firmas - Perier. He owes the castle, the small theater hall with the valuable hand-printed wallpaper image from the Tapetenmanufaktur Dufour, Paris. After the death of firmas - Perier, the castle will be sold in 1831 to the Baron von Speth. Both locks acquired in 1838 the Catholic priest Josef Deybach with the support of Baron Vequel Kronburg. He opened a boarding school for young ladies with his sister. 1840, a boys' school in the old castle is opened. The two institutions were known far beyond the borders of the country. 1889 acquired the Wagnerian institutions of Dillingen heritage Deybachs. From 1921 to 1931, the new castle owned by Hermann Anschütz - fights, the polar explorer and inventor of the gyro. In a letter to Albert Einstein, he writes:
(...) Do you already know that I have purchased for the university here in close proximity of your home to a sleepy old castle, which is available to all friends of the Faculty of Arts open in the first place. Since you may not be missing. We want next summer, possibly in August, when it allows my work, for the first time there. The area is so untraveled of Berlin, as it is conceivable only in Bavaria. Castle and reason in Lautrach at Memmingen. (...)
After his death, he bequeathed it to the Ludwig -Maximilians- University of Munich, who in 1966 at the Wagnerian institutions of Dillingen (now sold rain Wagner Foundation. 1989 Schloss Lautrach was converted to a management center and conference hotel and took place in 1993 the official opening of management Centrum Palace Lautrach instead. It is one of the leading training institutions with private four- star conference hotel in Germany. both partners are the IHK Schwaben and the Kolping Training in the Diocese of Augsburg.
On the territory of the municipality were 1970 996, 1987, 1085 and 2000 counted 1,151 residents a year. In the year 2009 1168 inhabitants were counted, of which 636 female.
Mayor Arthur mandrel ( CSU / Independent voter community ).
2009, the municipal tax revenue 527,000 euros; it amounted to the trade tax revenue ( net) € 63,000.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on August 11, 1986 communication from the Government of Swabia.
Blazon: " Through a left oblique silver wave beams divided by red and blue; above a left inverted golden deer head, down a narrow, oblique left silver wave beams. "
Lautrach was once the center of a dominion, in possession alternated different men since the Middle Ages. Until the mid- 14th century the first time mentioned in 1239 and belonging to the ministeriality the Staufer Lords of Lautrach are detectable in Lautrach. Follow you under other since 1417, the Lords of Landau and other successions finally since 1645 to the secularization of 1803, the prince pin Kempten. On the coat of arms of the lords of Lautrach ( in silver a red deer's head ) and the masters of Landau (black gold in two stag antlers ) should refer to the deer head as a common symbol. The Tincture Red - Blue corresponds to the colors of the Prince pin Kempten. The big wave bar to the Iller, the small wave beams symbolize the Ach. At the same time "talk" the wave beams for the place name ( Lautrach = settlement at the fair Ach).
The design and design dates back to the Augsburg Dr. Christian Pawlik and the Munich Heyden Dr. Reinhard Reuter.
The flag is white - red striped with applied coat of arms.
Schloss Lautrach, which today as a management center lock Lautrach one of the leading training institutes for business owners and managers, and is operated as a multi-award winning four- star conference hotel is, because of its historic building structure and its adjacent palace gardens, a beautiful sight and invites you to encounter with art and culture. The Baroque Church of St. Peter and Paul, Roman Catholic parish church of the village is also of interest.
→ List of monuments in Lautrach
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
1998 there were in the manufacturing sector and 34 in the area of trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 318 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 330 in the manufacturing sector, there were two establishments in the construction operation. In addition, in 1999, there were 14 farms with an agricultural area of 388 hectares, of which 330 acres of meadowland
In 2009 there were 444 employees at the workplace; of which 11 are in the manufacturing sector; 67 in the trade; Transport and hospitality industry. There are a total of 108 commuters after Lautrach.
In Lautrach a kindergarten with 100 kindergarten places exist.
- Bartholomew Ehinger OSB (1569-1632), abbot of the imperial abbey Ochsenhausen 1618-1632
- Dieter Dorn (1938-2011), founder of Dorn Therapy