Lčovice, until 1922 Elčovice, ( German Eltschowitz, formerly Elcowitz ) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located seven kilometers south-west of Volyně in South Bohemia and belongs to Okres Prachatice.
Lčovice located in the foothills of the Bohemian Forest. The village is located on the left side of the Volyňka in a creek formed by the tributary stream Lčovický. South leads the Hradčanský creek in the Volyňka. In the north, the Na Cikánce the Svatý Antonín collected ( 762 m), east ( Hage, 625 m), and southeast of Venec ( Wienec, 765 m). North of the village runs the main road I / 4 between Volyně and Vimperk. In the south of the railway line Strakonice Volary performs the Volyňkatal.
Neighboring towns are Nahořany, America, Starov, Milodraz, Zlešice and Zlešička in the north, Malenice in the northeast, Straňovice, Beneda and Zálezly in the east, Havrdův Mlýn, Kovanín, Setěchovice and Bolíkovice the southeast, U Konopice, Valcha Budilov and Hradcany in the south, Bohumilice in the southwest, and Čkyně Předenice in the west and Záhoříčko, U Dobré Vodu and Krušlov in the northwest.
Archaeological finds indicate a Celtic settlement in the area during the late Hallstatt and La Tène. On the Venec was located between the 5th century BC and the 1st century a fortified settlement.
The first written mention of the village was made in 1321 in connection with Sbraslao de Ebizouiz ( Zbraslav ze Lčovic ). Seat of the Lords of Lčovice was a Gothic fortress, which was located at the site of the castle. After Lčovice was home fallen to the crown of Bohemia, Charles IV in 1360 enfeoffed Boček of Welhartitz with the rule. 1397 a Jan of Lčovice was mentioned as Burggraf on Strakonice, owner of the goods Lčovice at this time were, however, already the Vladiken of Čestice. With PRECH of Čestice the Vladikengeschlecht went out at the beginning of the 17th century in the male line. Heiress of the goods Lčovice and Čestice was his daughter Johanna and her husband Bernhard Hodejowsky of Hodiegow ( Hodějovský z Hodĕjova ), which could transform the celebrations into a Renaissance chateau. Bernhard Hodejowsky and his brother Johann Georg fell during the uprising of the Estates. After the Battle of White Mountain, the possessions of the brothers Adam Bernhard and Bohuslaw Hodejowsky were confiscated on Eltschowitz and Chotietitz. The Bohemian Chamber Eltschowitz sold on December 6, 1622 for 21,000 Meißnische shock to the imperial general Feldzeugmeister and Palatine Chamberlain Heinrich Michael Hießerle of Codaw ( Jindřich Michal Hýzrle z Chodů ). He who converted the castle and create the park. 1629 suggested Hießerle a rebellion of his serfs down. 1665 inherited by his son Franz Michael Hießerle the rule, he sold it in 1694 to Anna Maria Countess of Althann, born of Aspremont - Lynden. This left Eltschowitz little later her daughter Anna Maria Lažanský. Other owners belonged from 1753 Amalie Freiin Widow of SICKINGEN, née Countess of Althann, 1768 Joseph baron of and SICKINGEN, from 1785 Franziska Countess of and SICKINGEN and 1791 whose brother Franz Graf von SWEERTS - Spork. 1805 inherited Franz Count von and SICKINGEN the rule. This had already been separated from the 1794 Alt Well Skalitz New Skalitz and 1797 also acquired the estate ckin closed both goods at Eltschowitz to. Even in 1805 sold Francis of SICKINGEN Eltschowitz to Joseph Anton Baumbas, the rule bought but already in the following year back. In the country legal Auction of goods Černietitz ( Černětice ) with Zalesl he bought the estate Zalesl and closed it 's connector to Eltschowitz. The Allodialgut ckin lost Francis of SICKINGEN 1808 on the Exekutionsweg at the state attorney Karl Klaudi. In 1809 he sold the Allodialgut New Skalitz Wenzel Mallowetz of Cheynow. Finally, Francis sold to SICKINGEN 1815, the rule Eltschowitz with Zalesl Dorothea Countess Rey, born Countess Breteuil. 1830 was Eugen Graf Wratislaw Netolitzky devolved rule of court. He sold it in 1835 to Joseph Dressler, who resold two years later to Christoph Benda. In 1840, the rule Eltschowitz included a usable area of 767 square fathoms 5653 yoke and it came up or the connected Good Zalesl with 928 yoke and 1098 square fathoms. The entire dominion had 2899 czech speaking subjects, among which were two Israelite families. Main source of income was the only moderately profitable because of the harsh climate and the sandy and rocky soils agriculture. As Sidelines spinning and weaving were used. In Eltschowitz and Stranowitz the rule Cultivate Meier two courtyards, with the latter also included a sheep farm. More Meier farms in Aulehle ( Úlehle ) Smrčná ( Smrčná ) and Zalesl, as well as a part of the yard Stranowitz were emphytheutisiert. The rule included the Eltschowitzer, the Zalesler and Swato - MARER forest district; the farming of them woods Hay, Hora, Čerenetz, Breno (Black Forest), Wrschek and Rahač were for the most part in the open mountains Brdo. The rule included the villages Eltschowitz, Malenitz, Stranowitz ( Straňovice ) Setechowitz ( Setěchovice ) Bolikowitz ( Bolíkovice ) Zleschitz ( Zlešice ) Swatá Mara, Stitkau ( Štítkov ) Smrčná ( Smrčná ) Aulehle ( Úlehle ) Radostitz, Book, coil ( Spůle ) and Nahořan ( Nahořany ) and the Good Zalesl associated villages Zalesl and Kowanin ( Kovanín ). The village Eltschowitz or Elschowitz / Lčowice situated between the Wolinka and Passauerstraße consisted of 46 houses with 364 inhabitants, including an Israelite family. In Eltschowitz bit off consisted of a hill a stately castle of the old design with a chapel dedicated to St.. Trinity, an office building, the Grange and a brewery that were surrounded by a large park with an orchard and kitchen garden. Moreover, there was in Eltschowitz an inn. Abstruse were the mill Schedele ( Havrdův Mlýn ) with a sawmill and a mill Bělohuby ( Valcha ) at the Wolinka. Vicarage was Malenitz. Until the mid-19th century Eltschowitz was always the office of the village Allodialherrschaft Eltschowitz together with the Good Zalesl.
After the abolition of patrimonial Elčovice / Elcowitz formed in 1850 a part of the community Malenice in the District Commission Strakonice and the jurisdiction Volyně. 1893 took in Wolinkatal the railway line Strakonitz - Winterberg traffic on that was continued until the turn of the century until Wallern. A copious kilometers southeast of the village was established opposite the Havrdův Mlýn a train station, next to the grew a new settlement in the 20th century. In the year 1922, Lčovice broke loose from Malenice and formed its own community. 1949, the village was assigned to the newly formed Okres Vimperk. After the abolition of Okres Vimperk the community was part of the 1961 Okres Prachatice, 1964, the annexation to Čkyně. Since 1 January 1992 Lčovice again forms a separate municipality.
For the community Lčovice no districts are reported. Lčovice divided into an upper part - the old village with the castle in the valley of the brook Lčovický creek - and a lower part - the new settlement on the Volyňka at the train station. To Lčovice include the monolayer Havrdův Mlýn, U Konopice and Valcha.
- Lčovice Castle, it was built around 1600 for Bernhard Hodejowsky of Hodiegow instead of data from the 14th century celebrations. Henry Michael Hießerle left around 1660 to create a park around the two- storey Renaissance mansard roof and arcades. Under Franz Michael Hießerle developed in the years 1668-1669 in the park the Chapel of St.. Trinity, a baroque pavilion and a grotto. The baroque reconstruction took place in the second half of the 18th century for Joseph Charles of SICKINGEN. From 1868, the castle Marie Leopoldina Lippert, 1883 her son Josef Zítek and from 1909 to 1926 his sons Joseph and Berthold Zítek belonged. In 1939, Zdeněk Hyacinth Lobkowicz bought the castle, he was dispossessed after the Second World War and nationalized the castle. Until 1989, it serves as a recreational object of establishments CKD Prague and Obvodní podnik bytového hospodářství ( OPBH ) Prague 6 In 1993, the belonging to the Lobkowicz family Alexandre de Ridder, the castle and estate Lčovice retransmitted. He sold it in 2004 Zámek Lcovice s.r.o. The castle and the park are not publicly available.
- Chapel of St. Anthony on the hill Svatý Antonín
- Chapel of St. Wenceslas at the village square, built in 1714
- Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk, in front of the castle
- Celtic hillfort Venec on the same mountain. Get a ring-shaped stone wall, which gave the mountain its name ( to German Kranz ). Which is protected as a cultural monument.
- Jewish Cemetery Čkyně, southwest of the village