LDE – Comet
The Comet, fist, lightning and hurricane were four of the first locomotives of the Leipzig- Dresden Railway ( LDE). There were B -coupled machines that had Rothwell and Company manufactured in Manchester 1835-1838.
The COMET was the first locomotive that came to Saxony. They met in November 1836, packaged in boxes of 15, in Leipzig. After re-assembly it was tested from 28 March 1837, and subsequently been used for construction. It was followed by the LIGHTNING, WIND BRIDE and FAUST, which corresponded approximately to the re- COMET in their dimensions. The other two were a bit bigger. (Your technical data, if different, specified in the table behind a "/"! )
All locomotives had a cylindrical standing and long boiler, a shod with metal wood oak frame and inner cylinder and control. As a result of a serious accident in France, the biaxial operating locomotives in 1842 generally prohibited and the machines received by mounting a rear drive axle, the axle formula B 1 Such early machines were often quite high maintenance, and also described made no exception.
The WIND BRIDE exploded on May 21, 1846 in front of a train for departure in the Dresden train station in Leipzig. The other machines eliminated no later than 1849 from the operation.
German Reichsbahn (1920-1945): Express train, passenger train, freight train, tender, narrow gauge locomotives
German Federal Railroad express train, passenger train, freight train, tender, narrow gauge locomotives
German Reichsbahn (1945-1993): Express train, passenger train, freight train, tender, narrow gauge locomotives
Regional railways: Baden · Bavaria · Mecklenburg · Oldenburg · Palatine · Prussia · Saxony · Württemberg · Alsace-Lorraine
- Steam locomotive wheel arrangement B
- Motor vehicle ( Saxony)