Le Bleymard is a commune of 366 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011 ) in the Lozere department in the Languedoc- Roussillon region. It is the capital of the eponymous canton and the Association of Municipalities Goulet - Mont Lozère.
Le Bleymard is a mountain village on the upper reaches of the River Lot, north of the massif of Mont Lozère at the northern edge of the Cevennes National Park. Three hamlets belong to the municipality, Saint- Jean du Bleymard, valescure and Le Bonnetés.
Le Bleymard received in 1793 during the French Revolution, the status of a municipality (as Le Blezinard ) and 1801 the right to local self-government (as Bleymard ).
The Maison de notable (House of notability ) was built in the 17th century. It is privately owned and has been partially entered in the Register of Monuments historiques additional (historical monuments ) 1997. The monument relates to the facades and roofing.
The church of Saint - Jean du Bleymard was built in the 12th century. It was classified in 1979 as a monument historique. Your altar was constructed in the 18th century and is classified as a monument historique in 1978.