Le Chesnay is a commune with 29,226 inhabitants ( 1 January 2011) in the Yvelines department in the Île- de -France region. It belongs to the district of Versailles and is the capital of the Canton of Le Chesnay.
Le Chesnay is located immediately northeast of the Palace of Versailles. Together with Versailles and other surrounding communities is Le Chesnay a closed settlement area in the west of Greater Paris.
Neighboring communities of Le Chesnay are La Celle -Saint-Cloud in the north, and Vaucresson Marnes -la -Coquette in the northeast, Versailles in the southeast, south and southwest, and Rocquencourt in the northwest.
Economy and infrastructure
In Le Chesnay is the seat of the Institut national de recherche en informatique et en automatique.
It is twinned with the Hessian county town of Heppenheim (mountain road).
Sons and daughters
- Nicolas Anelka ( born 1979 ), French footballer
- Tristan Gommendy ( born 1980 ), French race car driver
- Kevin Impounds ( born 1980 ), French show jumper
- Laura Georges ( born 1984 ), French football player
Died in Le Chesnay
- Valérand de Bange (1833 - 1914), French colonel of artillery and creator of the French artillery system at the beginning of the 20th century
- Bernard- Pierre Donnadieu (1949 - 2010), French actor and voice actor
- Auguste Bravais (1811 - 1863), French physicist
- Jean Rabier (1927 - 1997), French cinematographer