Le Pasquier is a commune in the French department of Jura in the Franche -Comté.
Le Pasquier is on 590 m above sea level. M., about six kilometers north of the city Champagnole (air line). The village is located in the Jura, on the vast plateau of the Angillon west of the stream, between the ridges of the Côte de l' Today in the west and the Forêt de la face to the east.
The area of 7.75 km ² municipal area includes a portion of the French Jura. The entire area is occupied by a plateau at 600 m above sea level on average. M. and is predominantly of arable and meadow land, is passed to the west of the forest. The area is drained by the Angillon, the southward flowing through a wide, partly vermoorte lowlands to Ain. To the east of the municipality floor extends to the shore of the bog lake Etang du Moutoux. To the west, the municipality's area extends into the vast forest area of the Bois des Rieppes. Here is 661 m above sea level. M. reached the highest elevation of Le Pasquier.
At Le Pasquier of the hamlet of Les Baraques ( 584 m above sea level. M. ) west part of the stream of Angillon. Neighboring communities of Le Pasquier are verse -en- Montagne in the north, Le Latet, Moutoux and Saint- Germain -en- Montagne in the east, Vannoz and Ardon in the south and Montrond and Valempoulières in the West.
Featured in the 12th century Le Pasquier formed in the Middle Ages its own rule. The place name derives from originally from the Latin word pascuarium ( willow). The seat of power was by troops of King Louis XI. destroyed. In 1639 the town was sacked by the passing troops of Duke Bernhard of Saxe- Weimar. Together with the Franche-Comté reached Le Pasquier with the Peace of Nijmegen in 1678 to France.
The village church of Le Pasquier was built in the 19th century on the site of a chapel from the 17th century. The castle from the 17th century was restored.
With 257 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) Le Pasquier is one of the small towns in the Jura. Once the population has consistently had in the first half of the 20th century in the range of approximately 220 people, a slight increase in population was recorded since the early 1970s.
Economy and infrastructure
Le Pasquier was until well into the 20th century a predominantly coined by agriculture and forestry village. In addition, there are today some of the local small business enterprises, including a company of furniture production. Meanwhile, the village has also changed into a residential community. Many workers are commuters who engage in the larger towns in the vicinity of their work.
The village has good transport links. It lies on the main road D467 which leads from Champagnole by Salins- les- Bains. Further road links exist with Valempoulières and Saint- Germain -en- Montagne.
Andelot -en- Montagne | Ardon | Bourg -de- Sirod | Champagnole | Chapois | Châtelneuf | Cize | Crotenay | Équevillon | Le Larderet | Le Latet | Lent | Loulle | Monnet -la -Ville | Mont- sur- Monnet | Montigny- sur- l'Ain | Montrond | Moutoux | Les Nans | Ney | Le Pasquier | Pillemoine | Pont -du- Navoy | Saint- Germain -en- Montagne | Sapois | Sirod | Supt | Syam | Valempoulières | Vannoz | Le Vaudioux | verse -en- Montagne
- Commune in the department of Jura
- Place in Franche -Comté