As law those sciences are referred to, the knowledge of which object the right ( jus, plural: Jurassic) is. Often the term jurisprudence (in the singular ) is used, and indeed mostly when the central law, the legal doctrine that speech is, which is often equated with the law per se. It is not considered that devote next to the legal doctrine other disciplines to the law, which have entirely different methods and research traditions.
- The legal doctrine ( jurisprudence ) take the conceptual analysis and systematic penetration of the sources of law. Their methods depend on the nature of the substance; the Continental European legal system, which mainly consists of statutory law, these are mainly the interpretation and gap filling ( analogy and teleological reduction).
- The Law and Politics ( Political Jurisprudence ) is directed to the design of future legal science. It examines the possibilities and conditions of alterableness of law and sets them in relation to specific requests for changes to the current law. As such, it is also dependent on the results of the legal history and the sociology of law at the Law.
- The Comparative Law provides legal norms of different systems to each other. It can be both examined how a particular socio-political objective through various legal arrangements can be solved, as can also lead, as variations of a legal institution to various effects.
- The philosophy of law is an interdisciplinary science, which applies also methods of philosophy. An important part of the field of philosophy of law is the legal theory that asks independent of a specific legal system about the nature of law, according to the conditions of its validity and the structure of the standards. The legal ethics, the legal standards with respect to the ethical standards.
- The history of law is an interdisciplinary science; they used methods of historical science to investigate the origins and the origin of the law. They can examine both the legal situation to a past time, as well as the legal practice, ie if and as actually lived according to a certain law ( legal fact research).
- The sociology of law provides for the right as a phenomenon of social reality and provides social action in relation to legal standards.