Body of town shortly after sunrise
Body of town ( in the local dialect: Löipschlet lœɪpʃlət, ) is a municipality in the district of the Swiss canton of Aargau Zurzach. It is located on the High Rhine on the border with Germany and is known as the site of the municipality of nuclear power plant body city.
The community consists geologically of two parts: the north, the flat, about one kilometer wide Rhine valley, in the south, the foothills of the Jura. The Wandfluh in the southwest is traversed very steep and of loose limestone rocks. To the south is a flat plateau which reaches to a height of 509 meters. The southeastern border is the 462 meter high Hochwacht. The settlement area extends over one and a half kilometers from north to south. To the north, close to the banks of the Rhine, the district Bernau. The village center is located on the edge of the level, just before the southern slopes of Brüehalde and Winterberg, two steep hills projecting. Between these hills is situated in a deep valley, the southern third of the village.
The area of the municipality is 639 hectares, of which 218 hectares are forested and built over 118 hectares. The highest point is 530 meters at the Wandfluh, the deepest at 302 meters on the banks of the Rhine.
The earliest traces of settlement in the area of body city come from the Helvetii, a Celtic tribe, the BC this area took possession of around 500. From 58 BC the Romans ruled here. From 259-277 the Alamanni kept the area south of the Rhine occupied before they were pushed back by the Romans. The Rhine formed the northern border of the Roman Empire, when Bernau was a watchtower. Around 400, the Romans finally moved back across the Alps. The Alemanni settled the region and gradually supplanted the Romanized Celts. The village body city was probably built in the 8th century.
In 1231, the Free Bernau bequeathed her estate to St. John. The first mention of Leibesteit place in the year 1240. The village name comes from the Old High German (ze ) leibesteti and means " at the Abode of the Leip ". The St. John shared their newly acquired possession of the first Coming Bubikon in the Zurich Oberland to 1250 they founded the Coming Leuggern. This was the religious and political center of the parish Leuggern, which included the present-day communities Leuggern, Böttstein, Full-Reuenthal and body city. The high court was the Habsburgs.
The conquest of the Aargau by the Confederates in 1415 had significant consequences for body city. The village stream was pulled along a border. Abdomen city in western Austria was among the front, upper abdomen city in the east remained part of the parish Leuggern and came to the county of Baden, a commons rule of the Confederates. The border ran right through the castle Bernau and the mill. During the Swabian War of 1499 abdomen city was devastated and looted. The Bernau castle burned down and was rebuilt later. From 1529 to 1531 held the troops reformed city of Bern occupied the parish, but the population remained Catholic.
The Hospitallers Coming Leuggern practiced in Upper abdominal city and a part of abdomen city from the lower courts. Especially in the lower abdomen city but it came again and again to jurisdictional disputes with the owners of the rule Bernau. This rule changed at regular intervals, their owners and included abdominal city, the castle in Bernau, Gansingen and Schwaderloch.
In March 1798, the French invaded Switzerland and the parish came to the short-lived Canton of Baden of the Helvetic Republic. It emerged the municipalities Böttstein and Leuggern. During the Second War Coalition in 1799, the front line between the French and Austrians went right through the Aare valley east of body city. By requisitions and Zwangseinquartierungen the population suffered great distress.
After 1803, dissolved the Canton of Baden through the Mediation Act of Napoleon Bonaparte and risen in the canton of Aargau, the villages of the parish were reunited into a single municipality. With an area of over 30 square kilometers, it was the largest in the canton. But body city remained divided: while the upper body it belonged to the district Zurzach, abdominal town was a municipality of the district of Laufen castle.
The cantonal parliament decided in 1816, the division of the larger municipality in the communities Böttstein, Leuggern and upper abdomen city. It was believed such a large community without real center is not economically viable. Until 1832 also full and Reuenthal belonged to upper abdomen city, since these villages form a separate municipality. 1844 burned down the castle Bernau. The arbitrary limit through the village was increasingly perceived as impractical as the lower and upper abdomen city worked together in many areas ( as the school and the fire brigade were out together, for example ). On 3 May 1866, the cantonal parliament approved the dissolution of the abdomen city from the District Laufen castle and the reunion with upper abdominal city. The two communities lower and upper abdomen city were combined on August 1, 1866 to the new existing to date community abdomen city.
The City's population lived body to the early 20th century, largely from agriculture, industrialization did slow feeder. On August 1, 1892, the railway line stone Säckingen -Koblenz was opened. This, however, is closed from 28 May 1994 to the Koblenz- Laufenburg section for passenger traffic.
With the construction of the Rhine power plant Albbruck -Dogern the ferry to Dogern was replaced by a road that runs over the dam and a bridge over the upstream channel. This road is only open for pedestrians and cyclists. The construction gave the community an economic boom; not only during construction, but also afterwards, as it will receive for the pent up within their boundaries Rhine water interest.
1965 plans to build a nuclear power plant in body city were presented to the public for the first time. The construction work began in 1973. Downstream of the reactor incident at Three Mile Iceland in 1979 introduced new safety regulations to a renewed delay of power plant construction. The nuclear power plant was inaugurated finally in 1984 after eleven years of construction and cost at the end of five instead of two billion francs. Thanks to the generous amounts of tax revenue body city could repay all debts and was for some years even the lowest tax municipality in the canton.
In the district of Bernau is the built in 1672 and 1673 by the Basel Bishop Johann Kaspar Schnorf consecrated Loreto Chapel. She served the barons of rolling to Bernau as a family tomb. 1801, the chapel was sold and became the property of the municipality of upper body later city. The cemetery near the chapel has existed since 1869. Between 1955 and 1956 the chapel with the financial support of Canton, local citizens, residents and church communities as well as individuals has been thoroughly renovated. A second restoration of the Loreto chapel could be 1987/1988 carried out with Kostentragungen the church body City and the Foundation "Pro Body City". The Aargauische Government presented the chapel on December 13, 1963, a historical monument.
- Parish Church of St. Fridolin in Leibstadt
- Northwest side of St. Fridolin
- Southwest side of St Fridolin
Coat of arms
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is: ". In red white-black split slant bar " Until 1930, the municipality did not own their own coat of arms and then took that to the outdoors of Bernau.
On December 31, 2013 1246 people lived in the city body, the proportion of foreigners was 29.5 %. At the 2000 census, 59.6 % were Roman Catholic, reformed 15.3% and 16.2 % Muslim; 0.5 % belonged to other faiths. 84.7 % identified German as their main language, Albanian 8.8%, 1.9% each Italian and Turkish, Serbo-Croatian 1.0%.
Politics and Law
The Assembly of the voters, the municipal assembly, shall exercise the legislative power. Executive authority is the five-member council. His term of office is four years and he was elected in Majorzverfahren ( majority voting procedure) by the people. He leads and represents the community. To this end, he implements the decisions of the municipal assembly and the tasks that were assigned to him by the cantonal and federal.
For litigation, the District Court Zurzach is responsible. Body of town belongs to the justice of the peace circle Leuggern.
In town there are body according to Census 2008, approximately 1,000 jobs, of which 6 % in agriculture, 67 % in industry and 27 % in services. The largest employer and taxpayer is the nuclear power plant body town of 400 jobs. There is also a wood material center, a mill and many small service businesses.
By Leibstadt the busy main road runs 7 between Basel and Winterthur; here branches off the main road 17 towards Zurich from. The village is accessible by two postal routes. One leads from Laufen castle on body Doettingen city after the other from body to the city of Koblenz train station ( outside rush hours as Paratransit ). The train station of the city is closed body for the passenger since 1994.
In Body of town there is a kindergarten, a primary school and a senior school center with junior high school and high school. The school district can be visited in Leuggern. The nearest Canton schools ( high schools ) are located in Baden and betting rings.
Sons and daughters of the community
- August Erne (1905-1987), cyclist