Leissigen seen from the entrance of Beatushöhle from
Leissigen is a municipality in the Interlaken- Oberhasli administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
Mayor of the municipality since January 2006, Daniel Steffen. In addition to the municipality, there is a civic community with the same name. The Reformed congregation is led along with Därligen.
- 8.1 schools
- 8.2 Attractions
The name Leissigen comes from the Old High German personal names and place names Lantgis mission - ingun and means " among the people of Langtis / Langis ".
Leissigen located in the Bernese Oberland on Lake Thun. The neighboring communities of east clockwise are starting Därligen, Saxeten, Spiez and Krattigen. The southern boundary of the municipality is the Morgenberghorn ( 2249 m above sea level. M. ).
Tourism in Leissigen is very old. Already in 1628 entertained the Interlaken monastery, a monastery tavern in Leissigen. As a result, the spa and bathing took an upswing. 1733 was first spoken by a Leissigbades.
1870 for the first time put on a steamboat in Leissigen. With the construction of Lake Thun Railway in 1893, it got started with tourism. As early as 1901 the tourist office Leissigen was founded.
Above Leissigen is the Meielisalp with the prospect Restaurant Hotel Meielisalp. Landmark of Leissigen is the Morgenberghorn ( 2249 m) with an unbeatable view to the Chasseral and the most beautiful peaks of the Bernese Alps. The unique location on Lake Thun is ideal for water sports and swimming.
Rail connection BLS line Thun -Spiez -Interlaken.
Highway access to the A8
1285 the village was called Lensengne. 1290 also Lenxingen. The settlement but is probably much older. On the Brunialp was a stone ax found in the village and several daggers and bronze swords.
In the Middle Ages the village belonged to the rule Unspunnen Rothenfluh. Then it passed by inheritance to the barons of White Castle, and finally in 1334 to the monastery of Interlaken. After the secularization of 1528 Leissigen was placed under the Bernese bailiwick.
The church from the 8th or 9th century was rebuilt after a fire in 1675. Between 1973 and 1974 the installation of a floor heating in the parish church of Leissigen made an archaeological investigation needed. In the nave, on the wall stock recognizable oldest church, probably built in the 9th or 10th century, eight are adding anything unmarked graves. It should be burials that were created inside a completely broken wooden predecessor church of the 8th or 9th century. In the 11th century it replaced the first stone church by a church hall. This building falls into the group of the so-called " Lake Thun churches." In the late 14th or early 15th century, the church got its present shape that was left after the Reformation of 1528, through the cultivation of the tower. After the fire in 1675 they built the church into a preaching hall. During the restoration of 1973/74 younger modifications were undone and condition of 1675 restored in the church. In the internal church investigation three sided embossed coin finds Alemannic style came to light that originate from the 15th century: a Bernese and Solothurn Haller and a Basler Stebler. The tombs of the 8th or 9th century include three men, two women and four children's graves. Two other graves were greatly disturbed. Morphologically, there is a significant Hererogenität, which argues against a genetically closely related Alamannic immigrant group. At the burials impressed the accumulation of anomalies, but are varied and mostly individually occurring.
In addition to agriculture and fruit growing, fishing and boat building gypsum mining to a new acquisition was. Thanks to this gypsum source was 1780 bath and spa on the lake. Due to the narrow riparian zone Leissigen was increasingly burdened by traffic. 1844, the Lake Thun Road, 1887, the ship station and in 1893 the railway line. In 1994, the bypass tunnel was opened for the highway and Leissigen was relieved of the annoying through traffic.
On the Finel above Lake Thun Leissigen some known images of the painter Ferdinand Hodler arose.
Kindergarten, primary school, junior high school (1st - 9th grade). Middle school, high school, vocational school in Interlaken
Historical saw the lake.. Built in 1841 on Lake Thun obtained only saw three remaining propulsion: water wheel, petrol engine and electric motor.