Leobersdorf is a market town with 4749 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Baden in Lower Austria.
Leobersdorf at the output of Triesting valley on the edge of the Vienna basin and is drained by the Triesting. The area of the municipality covers 12.34 square kilometers. 15.91 percent of the area is forested.
First finds there already from the time of 3000 BC. To 350 BC here a Norikersiedlung was built. In the year 15 AD, the area was occupied by the Romans. Even then, were the two road links, which ran along the highway today and the B18 is an important junction.
The place is mentioned for the first time in the Bavarian tradition books of 1165/1174 as Liubetsendorf. Experts disagree whether the name derives from the Slavic word Ljubac or from the Celtic word Lewer or praise, which means as much as grave mound derived. Over time, there have been several different spellings, such as Lewbesdorf ( 1311 ), or Leubesdorf (1350 ), in 1588 the name was mentioned Leobersdorf the same as the current name for the first time.
In 1313 Leobersdorf of Frederick received the beautiful market rights and the local coat of arms that represents a white church on blue ground.
At the time of Babenberg were settlers from Franconia and Bavaria, and urged the Hungarians back east. So today do not have old houses the floor plan of this series Frankish courts.
Like all places in this area also suffered very Leobersdorf under the Turkish wars. Many homes but were also placed in 1809 by the French occupiers in ruins.
- The church is part of the coat of arms of Leobersdorf. It stands in the oldest part of the town and can be traced back to the days of the Roman Empire.
- The Healing Fountain in the south of Leobersdorf was a popular place of pilgrimage because of his rumored salutary effect from 1623.
- The Matschakerhof in Feldgasse may have served in the Middle Ages as a post office.
- The old church was probably built in the 16th century.
- West of the southern motorway is the aqueduct Leobersdorf the First Vienna Mountain Spring Pipeline.
Today Leobersdorf has become an industrial center due to its easily accessible location. The old farms, such as the brick factory and the factory in the industrial park Leobersdorfer Aredpark were added. More notoriety it gained over the outlet center Leoville, which was completed in 2005.
Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001 303, according to the 1999 survey, there were 44 agricultural and forestry holdings. Employed at the residence were 2001 1888 people according to the census. The employment rate in 2001 was 46.68 percent. In 2003, on average there were 25 unemployed at the site.
In Leobersdorf station Leobersdorfer the web (the original name was " Niederösterreichische West Railway" ) linked to Sankt Pölten Hbf in the Southern Railway. Set in the local area station Wittmannsdorf the Gutensteiner railway branches on which the passenger is set to Wollersdorf station since 1997 and today only occasional goods trains. So while Leobersdorf had formerly two important railway hub, is it just more of the Leobersdorf station as a node of importance.
Based on the issued in favor of Sir Paul Eduard Ritter von Schoeller Concessionsurkunde of 15 August 1882 for those Locomotivbahn of Wittmannsdorf after Ebenfurth ' ( to commission the negotiation and political committing see :) was, according to technical- police exam on August 20 1883 of August 23, 1883 to September 30, 1956, in Leobersdorf Wittmannsdorf station also with the local railway Ebenfurth - Wittmannsdorf ( 15.2 km ) connected [Note 1], which mainly served the freight; until April 1945, moreover passenger was settled.
At the A2 motorway, a dedicated highway exit.
The Hainfelder road B18 from Günselsdorf after Traisen into east-west direction through Leobersdorf.
- Rudolf Diesel (1858-1913) built his 1897 diesel engine, worked for a time in the Leobersdorfer Maschinenfabrik.
- Viktor Kaplan (1876-1934) worked here in time from 1901 to 1903 at its turbine.
The volunteer fire department Leobersdorf was founded in 1862 by Eugen Hurtz, making it the third oldest fire department in Lower Austria.