Lexus IS (XE20)#IS F
The Lexus IS- F is a sport sedan from Lexus. The IS -F is a member of the IS model range. The addition of F stands for Fuji Speedway. The IS -F was tested at Fuji Speedway and at the Nürburgring and developed. The IS -F is the first vehicle from the F- segment of Lexus.
The IS -F was offered in the U.S. in early 2008 for sale in Europe, the distribution center began in 2008. The main market of the IS -F is North America. The sprint from 0 to 100 km / h creates the IS- F in the chosen sport mode in 4.6 seconds. The electronic limit to the maximum activates at 270 km / h. The IS- F is only in almost complete equipment ( Extras: Adaptive cruise control, sunroof ) delivered to its buyers in Germany and includes a warranty period of three years. Production takes place in Japan.
Is powered IS- F by a 5.0-liter V8 gasoline engine ( 2UR - GSE) with 311 kW and 505 Nm of torque. The engine works with a dual VVT- I and VVT- iE camshaft timing. Injection is the one directly connected to the D -4S system, via TCCS - regulation, on the other hand has an additional port injection so that injection nozzles 16 are active at full load.
- Displacement: 4969 cm ³
- Bore × Stroke: 94.0 × 89.5 mm
- Cylinders: 8
- Rated power / Rated speed: 311 kW ( 423 hp) / 6600 min-1
- Max torque: 505 Nm at 5200 min-1
- Fuel: Super ( RON 95 ) and 100 - octane gasoline
- Emission class: Euro 5
- Acceleration 0-100 km / h: 4.8 seconds
- Maximum speed: 270 km / h ( with electronic limit)
- Rear-wheel drive and locking differential (introduced with facelift 2010)
- Max. Load: 420 kg
- Consumption combined: 11.4 l/100 km
Technically worth mentioning is the press unanimously eight-speed torque converter automatic direct shift in the IS- F; in the automatic position, it switches the eight gears like a conventional automatic transmission. In manual mode, if the pilot is using the steering wheel shift paddles, the switching request, the torque converter is bypassed and switched gears directly. The long-ratio eighth gear keeps the engine speed level and thus the travel consumption low.
According to press reports, the IS- F travels comfortable and sporty.
- The IS -F was used as the official car at the Formula 1 team Toyota Racing, Timo Glock and Jarno Trulli drove up to the retreat of Toyota in Formula 1 and privately an IS -F.
- Akio Toyoda is an avid sports car fan and does the Group for the development of the IS -F and LF -A strong.
- Yukihiko Yaguchi was instrumental in the development of the IS -F