Liblice ( German: Liblitz, also Lieblitz ) is a municipality in Okres Melnik, Czech Republic. It is located nine kilometers southeast of Melnik, the right side of the creek Košátecký.
Liblice was first mentioned in records in 1254 with a " Woczlaus de Lublich ". 1321 it was owned by the brothers Kunat and Frycek, who were the ancestors of the later lords of Liblice. For the year 1375 a castle is occupied. End of the 15th century was Liblice in possession of John of Liblitz, who was married to Catherine of Kdulinec Ostroměř ( Kdulinec z Ostroměře ). Their daughter, Joan of Liblitz ( Johanka z Liblic, † 1515) brought the rule Liblitz in their marriage to the Colonel Country Marshal Wilhelm II of Pernštejna as a dowry into the marriage, but they soon sold to Messrs. Smiřický of Smiřice. 1544 came Liblitz to the gender of the Vliněves. In 1669 it acquired the Prague Castle and Colonel Count Landrichter of Bohemia, Daniel Norbert Pacht of Reihofen. He built a Renaissance castle on the site of the former fort. Under Arnold Pacht of Reihofen ( Arnost Pacht z Rájova ) Giovanni Battista Alliprandi built on the model of Viennese palaces from 1699 to 1706 a new baroque palace. Before the mid- 19th century Liblitz got to Friedrich von Deym. In 1863 it was in possession of Antonie von Waldstein, who refashioned the castle 's Renaissance. After her death, it fell to her daughter, who was married to a Count Thun and Hohenstein, whose descendants were expropriated in 1945 by Czechoslovakia.
- Liblice castle was built in the years 1699-1706 by Giovanni Battista Alliprandi to a design by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach in the Baroque style. Since 1952 it was owned by the Czechoslovakian Academy of Sciences, which was disbanded in 1992. Its successor is the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic. In 1963, the Kafka conference took place at the castle, which is not accessible to the public, instead. After a conversion to a conference center, a conference on the life and work of the writer Franz Kafka was conducted again in 2008.
- The original Gothic church of St. Wenceslas in 1384 in Baroque style in 1710 and expanded to include an oratorio. Under the high altar is the tomb of the Lords of Pacht Reihofen ( Pachtové z Rájova )
- Grave chapel of Count Thun -Hohenstein, west of the palace.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Karel Hoffmeister (* 1868), pianist and musicologist