The district of Lichtenfels is in the west of the district of Upper Franconia in Bavaria. Neighboring districts are in the west and north of Coburg, in the northeastern district of Kronach, in the eastern district of Kulmbach, in the southeastern district of Bayreuth and in the southern district of Bamberg.
- 3.1 District
- 3.2 Kreistag
- 4.1 traffic
- 6.1 Population development 6.1.1 2004-2009
The circular field is mainly dominated by the Main and the Main valley that runs from east to west through the circle. Here are the main towns of the district, as Burgkunstadt, Bad Season stone and the county town of Lichtenfels. Of the tributaries of the River Main in the district is the Unterrodach that coming opens between Hochstadt am Main and light rock from the north, is the largest. South of the River Main, the foothills of the Franconian Alb extend their upstream mountains, including the squadron near Bad Season stone. North of the Main extend the foothills of Itz - Baunach Hill country.
The present district area belonged mostly to the Bishopric of Bamberg before 1800. 1802 became part of Bavaria. 1804, the District Courts Lichtenfels and Weismain were set up which were part of the main circuit, from 1817 Upper Main District, 1838, Upper Franconia. 1862 both district courts were united under carve-out of 26 municipalities in the season for stone county Lichtenfels. For the outsourced communities own land court or district office season stone was erected in the aufgingen also the 1812 appointed District Court Sesslach and some communities of the District Court Scheßlitz. 1938 both district offices were renamed in district offices and the districts into counties.
The local government reform in Bavaria in 1972 was and the majority of the district season stone of today's district of Lichtenfels formed out of the district of Lichtenfels ( with the exception of Burkersdorf which was incorporated into the municipality of Küps, County Kronach ). The other villages of the district season stone were divided into the districts of Bamberg and Coburg.
Between 1988 and 2008 the district of Lichtenfels grew by about 2,800 inhabitants and by around 4 %. However, the tendency since 2001 after reaching a peak of about 71,000 inhabitants declined again. Judging by the number of inhabitants of the district of Lichtenfels, with around 67,000 inhabitants, the smallest administrative district of Bavaria.
The following numbers refer to the territorial status of 25 May 1987.
The current District Christian Meissner (CSU ) is since December 15, 2011 in office.
His predecessors were: Dr. Max youth (CSU ) District on 14 February 1946 until his death on February 14, 1963 He was succeeded by Helmut G. Walther (SPD ), which from 1 May 1963 until his death on the 8th. October 1981 officiated. Then had on 15 December 1981 to 14 December 1993 Ludwig Schaller (CSU ), 1970-1972 District of last season stone, held the office of chief administrative officer, and finally on 15 December 1993 until December 14, 2011 Reinhard Leutner (CSU ).
Economy and infrastructure
The railway line Bamberg Lichtenfels was opened in 1846 as part of the Ludwig South-North Railway. Lichtenfels is a regional railway junction and ICE stop the line Hamburg -Berlin- Munich.
Built by the Werra Railway Company Werrabahn of Lichtenfels and Coburg Meiningen and Eisenach in 1859 took on its operation.
The city high - Stockheimer Railway introduced in 1861 by the adjacent station Hochstadt - Marktzeuln the connection towards Kronach ago, today - as well as the other routes in the district - is a important part of the main routes.
The overall network is fully of 51 kilometers still in operation.
- City Palace Lichtenfels, Lichtenfels
- Kloster Banz, Bad Season stone
- Basilica of the Fourteen Saints, Bad Season stone
- Deutsches Museum basket, Michelau in Upper Franconia
Basilica of the Fourteen Holy
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Free community areas (7.49 km ²)
As in previous years, the district of Lichtenfels lost a total of between 2004 and 2009 at constant inhabitants. According to the State Statistical Office, the population decreased during this period by 2,057 people. This is a decrease of 2.91 %. While in the west of the county, especially in Ebenfeld, the population decline was rather low, in an easterly direction leaves a gap in terms of population shrinkage notice. At the highest percentage, the population in Marktzeuln with a loss of 9.09% ( 163 inhabitants ) from, absolutely strongest in Lichtenfels with 768 inhabitants ( -3.57 %). It is the only municipality in the district Redwitz was able to record with 0.88 % population growth.
Towns and villages of the district before the municipal reform 1971/78
Until the local government reform in 1971/78 the district of Lichtenfels had 57 communities ( see list below). Around the year 1900, the county still three more communities, Castle Hill (today part of the town of Lichtenfels ), Grove (now part of the municipality in the district of Küps Kronach and wild mountain (now part of the municipality in the district of Weissenbrunn Kronach ).
In the north, bordering the county to the county Coburg, in the northeast of the county Kronach, in the southeast of the district of Kulmbach in the south to the county Ebermannstadt, in the southwest of the district of Bamberg and to the northwest by the district season stone.
The villages of the district of Lichtenfels before the municipal reform 1971/78. ( The towns that still exist today are written in bold. )
Through the county's barrier Bamberger, a language border between the itzgründischen and the Upper Franconian dialect runs. Places with cultural / economic ties to the north-west part of the Coburg itzgründischen, places with stronger links to the counties Kronach, Kulmbach and Bayreuth, Upper Franconia, for speaking world. South of the county boundary, the Itzgründische enters the Bamberg dialect.
The district of Lichtenfels is the German basket maker center, together with the district of Coburg, the center of the German upholstered furniture industry. The most important employer is the automotive supply industry.
The district is called the garden of God with the Basilica of the Fourteen Holy and the monastery of Banz.
The district is 37 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites. See the list of geological sites in the district of Lichtenfels.