Lill- Babs (born Barbro Margareta Svensson, born March 9, 1938 in Järvsö, community Ljusdal, Sweden) is a Swedish pop singer. The name means "Little Babs ". Their German record company Polydor always wrote her name without a hyphen.
At the age of 15 years Lill- Babs, the already enthusiastic as a child for American Music Movies was discovered by Simon Brehm as a singer. He hired the young girls early in 1954 for one of his public park tours. That same year, followed by Lill- Babs ' debut on the radio and her first gramophone record entitled Min mum boogie. In the following years, she published numerous Swedish mainly cover versions of American hits such as Que Sera, Sera or Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me on record. 1960 reached the popular teen star with the book written by Stikkan Anderson Title Aer you kär i mig ännu, Klas -Göran? # 1 on the Swedish charts. 1961 Babs represented her native country at the Grand Prix Euro Vision titled April, april, but only made it to one of the last places.
In the same year, the German music manager Stefan Baranski from, Lill- Babs tried to accommodate the German music market. He negotiated a contract with Germany's leading record company Polydor. The music composed by Werner Scharfenberg and Fini Busch Title Where can I find the man?, Which appeared on their first German single in May 1961 was also in the TV show Too young to be blonde and hit movie Isola Bella use. In the first half of the 1960s appeared in Germany several more singles, but were not able to place in the charts. In the West German television Lill- Babs frequently appeared on TV shows, such as in Scandinavia import, That can twice ( with Thomas Fritsch ) or 12 x 2 in a big city ( with Peter Kraus ). In addition, Babs toured with Max Greger and Hazy Osterwald, where their live performances took recognition.
Made the headlines their first secret relationship with her fellow singers Peter Kraus, with whom she had recorded two duet singles and in 1964 made a tour of the GDR. The relationship ended in the mid- 1960s. During 1966 Polydor let expire the record deal with Lill- Babs and also no other German record company interested in her, she stayed in Sweden on a sought-after star. There she went on tour in 1969, joined in 1974 as the lead actress in the musical Annie Get Your Gun on 1977 and stood along with Sammy Davis Jr. at the Scandinavian tour on stage. From 1995 Lill- Babs occurred during a major stage show several times with her colleagues Siw Malmkvist, Wenche Myhre and Ann- Louise Hanson.
In Germany she was unable to repeat earlier successes with comeback attempt as the published in 1976 LP Welcome to earth.
- Where can I find the man? / Today ' night in the starlight, 1961
- Amore, Amore, Amore / Good -Bye Cowboy, 1961
- Yes, Mister Superman / But you, 1961
- Blue Boy / Heja, heja a sombrero, 1962
- This makes the love / Because it is so beautiful with you ( with Peter Kraus ), 1962
- We young people / Bye, Bye - On Wiederseh'n ( with Ted Herold ), 1962
- Holl dolly Day / knows even the smallest sparrow, 1962
- Believe me / That I love you, 1963
- Baby, let your worries be worried / Small ship 's Grand Adventure 1963
- Again and again / Belle Mademoiselle, 1963
- Sun, pizza and Amore / My favorite is faithful to me ( with Peter Kraus ), 1964
- Wow Wow Wee / Hand on heart, Mon Ami, 1964
- So are all men / But then came Rosa Maria, 1965
- Hopsassa / Who has my Jo geseh'n? , 1965
- Weekend and sun / Others are just as loving as you, 1966
- Welcome to earth / sleeping a my child, 1976