Lindhorst is a municipality near the city of Hagen in the district of Schaumburg, in Lower Saxony. Lindhorst, together with the communities Beckedorf, Heuerßen and Ludersfeld the Municipality Lindhorst.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 municipal
- 3.3 Finance
- 4.1 Structures
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Public institutions / museums
- 5.3 Formation
The territory of the municipality Lindhorst is in the range of the historical Dülwalds, east of the county town of Hagen and west of Bad nominal village, between the Bückeberg in the south and the Mittelland Canal with the city Sachsenhagen in the north.
Ottensen and Schöttlingen with Verification courtyards and parts of oak break
The name comes from the Lindhorst "Linde", an increase in the historical Dülwald, which was increasingly cleared in the 13th century for a number of village settlements the plant. Also Lindhorst and the other places in the municipality are first mentioned at this time.
Sparsely settled, the area was but since prehistoric times, and some villages, such as Lindhorst, probably have their origin in the period of Frankish rule in the 9th and 10th centuries.
The small settlements in the municipality developed only slowly. Only the improvement of infrastructure through the construction of the railway line between Hanover and Minden in 1847 with the Lindhorster station and the Mittelland Canal in 1916 with the channel port Sachsenhagen brought a slight upturn. Agriculture was often the only source of income. In Ottensen a brick was built, were fired in the stones that were known for their exceptional hardness.
Both world wars hindered the further development, but after 1945 many World War refugees were taken and the coal industry has been further extended to the " Schaumburg hollow". There was another pit in Ludersfeld, and Lindhorst was with the doubling of its population to a large mining settlement.
In July 1954, the " master's Nothold school" was inaugurated in Lindhorst and 1957, the Catholic Church, which was built for the many people had moved the Catholic faith. It bears the name of the patron saint of miners " St. Barbara ". In addition to the refugees and displaced persons from the East also evacuated miners from the Ruhr who found work here came.
Already in 1960, came the abrupt end of the Schaumburg coal mining. The relatively small quantity and quality and cheaper competition made mining unprofitable. The pits were closed and later refilled.
In agriculture, since many jobs were lost. With the establishment of numerous businesses just part of it could be compensated for, and the area " Business Economy " continues to be a focus of the municipality.
Today, many commuters live in the conveniently located community, which also owns a preferred scenic location between the natural parks Weser mountain country Schaumburg -Hameln and Steinhude.
On March 1, 1974, the municipalities Ottensen and Schöttlingen were incorporated.
Municipality mayor is Hans -Otto flower ( SPD). The administration is run by part-time community director Jens Schwedhelm.
Since the local elections on 11 September 2011, the Council consists of 15 members:
| | SPD | | CDU | | Green | | 8 4 3 finances
In the financial regulation in 2013 revenues of ~ 2.6 million euros and expenses of ~ 3.1 million euros are planned as a result of budget. The financial budget Proceeds of ~ 2.75 million euros and disbursements of ~ 2.81 million euros are expected. On Payments for investing activities 158,100 euros are provided. For this purpose, borrowing the same amount are necessary. The previous debt stood at about 800,000 euros.
Culture and sights
- Evangelical St. Dionysius Church in Lindhorst, built around 1180, Tower of 1565th
- Catholic Church of St. Barbara in Lindhorst, built in 1957.
- Privatmausoleum the brickyard owner's family Philippsohn in Ottensen. Was built the building in 1952 by the Jewish owners of the brickyard, Oskar Philippsohn. He had survived the Theresienstadt concentration camp. Bricks and roof tiles are from the family's own steam brick. On the roof of a Star of David is attached with a cross. Buried here are the Protestant wife of the builder and their brother.
Economy and infrastructure
- The Federal Highway 65 (Hannover - Minden ) performs the Municipality. About Bad nominal village (10 km), the BAB 2 is achievable.
- The Lindhorst station is served hourly by the S -Bahn Minden- Hannover Wunstorf - (S1). After Hagen and Rodenberg there are also bus services on weekdays with the line 2008 Schaumburg transport company. Since April 2013, Park & Ride facility with 120 parking spaces in both the North and South area is available. There are also 50 parking for bicycles in the south area.
- The Mittelland Canal Harbour Sachsenhagen is 3 km away.
- The airport Hannover- Langenhagen is 50 km away.
Public institutions / museums
- Heated outdoor pool with teaching pool hall in Lindhorst
- Sports hall in Lindhorst
- Mining museum in the courtyard Gümmer in Lindhorst with integrated exhibition on the former brickworks Ottensen.
- Master Nothold school, elementary and secondary school (being phased out ) in Lindhorst. Succession School is a secondary school.
- Primary school in Lindhorst with branch in Beckedorf.
- Kindergarten in Lindhorst and daycare in Ottensen.
- The Evangelical Lutheran Christians form the parish Lindhorst. The district Ottensen belongs to the parish Beckedorf.
- The Catholic faithful belong to the parish of St. Joseph in Hagen and use the Branch Church of St. Barbara in Lindhorst.