List of Olympic medalists in equestrian
The list of Olympic gold medalist in equestrian sport leads all winners and the second and third placed teams from the equestrian competitions at the Olympic Summer Games, summarized by the individual competitions. In another part of all Olympic medal winners are listed that have at least two gold medals. It concludes with the individual nations ratings.
Since the first 1952 start legitimate women have since always competed alongside men ( both in single as well as in the team disciplines ), there is no division by gender. After the name of the tab, respectively, the name of the horses are given in parentheses.
At the Olympic Games in 1900 no gold medals were awarded. The winner received a silver, the second a bronze medal, the third was left empty. In the list but in today's conventional scheme is applied, so that all results are comparable.
- 2.1 Top 5 Dressage
- 2.2 Top 5 Jumping
- 2.3 Top 5 versatility
The competitions in equestrian sport today comprise the following events:
- Dressage single since 1912 with 21 competitions
- Dressage team from 1928 to 1956 and since 1964 with 17 competitions
- Jumping single since 1900 with 22 competitions
- Jumping team from 1912 to 1928 and since 1936 with 20 competitions
- Versatility single since 1912 with 21 competitions
- Eventing team since 1912 with 21 competitions
No longer held
- High Jumping ( only 1900)
- Long jump (only 1900)
- Trick Riding team and individual (only 1920)
Price of Nations ( jumping team)
Trick Riding Single
Trick Riding team
The successful participants
- Position: Specifies the order of the athletes again. This is determined by the number of gold medals. With the same number of silver medals after the bronze medals are compared.
- Name: Lists the name of the athlete.
- Country: Denotes the country that launched the athlete. With a change of nationality, the country is named, for the athlete scored the last medal.
- From: The year in which the athlete has won the first Olympic medal.
- To: The year in which the athlete has won the last Olympic medal.
- Gold: Reports the number of gold medals won.
- Silver: Reports the number of silver medals won.
- Bronze: Reports the number of bronze medals won.
- Total: Reports the total number of medals won.
Top 5 Dressage
Top 5 Jumping
Top 5 versatility
- Athletes database of the IOC
- Fédération International Équestre
Olympic champion in equestrian
1900 • 1912 • 1920 • 1924 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1948 • 1952 • 1956 • 1960 • 1964 • 1968 • 1972 • 1976 • 1980 • 1984 • 1988 • 1992 • 1996 • 2000 • 2004 • 2008 • 2012
2010 • 2014
Not been discharged
Summer: Badminton | Basketball | Archery | Boxing | Fencing | Football | Weight Lifting | Golf | Football | Hockey | Judo | Canoeing | Athletics | Modern Pentathlon | Cycling | Equestrian | Rhythmic Gymnastics | rings | Rowing | Rugby | Shooting | Swimming | Sailing | synchronized Swimming | Taekwondo | Tennis | Table Tennis | trampolining | Triathlon | Gymnastics | Volleyball | water Polo | diving
Winter Biathlon | Castles | Sports | Hockey | Figure Skating | Skating | Freestyle Skiing | Nordic combined | Luge | Short Track | Skeleton | Alpine Skiing | Cross country skiing | Ski Jumping | Snowboard
Past: Baseball | Cricket | Croquet | Jeu de Paume | Lacrosse | Motorboat | Pelota | Polo | Rackets | Roque | Softball | tug of war