The LITENING target illumination container is a precision target illumination container for combat aircraft. The container is to be recognized with its swivel sensor head capable of at long range targets at night and in bad weather, and to illuminate a laser beam for guided weapons ( laser-guided bombs, JDAM or raktenengetriebene missiles ). The container was from the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.. developed and produced. 1000 now vessels have been produced.
The Litening container is mainly carried by modern combat aircraft from the 3rd generation for target illumination at a separate external load station.
- Rockwell B-1B
- Lockheed -Martin F-16C Block 50 "Fighting Falcon"
- McDonnell Douglas F -4E "Phantom II"
- Grumman F- 14D " Super Tomcat "
- McDonnell Douglas AV -8B " Harrier II Plus "
- BAe " Harrier" Gr.9
- Boeing F- 15E " Strike Eagle"
- McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C/D " Hornet "
- Boeing F/A-18E/F " Super Hornet "
- Saab JAS 39 " Gripen "
- Panavia Tornado IDS
- Euro Fighter Typhoon