Lixheim is a commune with 597 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Moselle in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Sarrebourg, for Canton Phalsbourg and the Local Government Association, founded in Pays de Phalsbourg. The inhabitants call themselves Lixin.
Lixheim located about nine kilometers northeast of Sarrebourg at an altitude 268-336 m above sea level.
The municipal area was formerly with the monastery Lixheim a Benedictine monastery, which was founded in 1107 and repealed in 1550; the remains of this monastery were then completely destroyed in the Thirty Years' War.
The town itself was founded by Georg Gustav von Pfalz- Veldenz as a refuge for Protestants from the Duchy of Lorraine in 1608. Acquired in 1623 Duke Henry II of Lorraine Lixheim and the other Palatine possessions in the region. In the following year the duke transferred the purchased territories and the Pfalzburg already purchased 1583 and the Office Einarzhausen to Johann de Guise. On February 12, 1629 rose to Emperor Ferdinand II the territory for direct imperial principality Lixheim.
1702 was the principality to the Duchy of Lorraine. Since 1766 Lixheim part of France ( 1870-1918 for the German Empire ).
The plant Lixheims was like a chessboard. The small river rupture was divided and led north and south to Lixheim around and jammed in the Northwest. This resulted in a moat around the city walls, which had two goals. The river now flows back into his old bed, the fortifications no longer exist except for the remains of ramparts and moats. The entire system is, however, still be seen well on satellite images. From the buildings from the founding period within the former walls is still relatively much remained.
- Entire town ensemble, especially Saint-Antoine church, rebuilt in the 18th century in the 19th century
- Evangelical church with outbuildings that arose on the ruins of the former convent Lixheim
West Portal of the Church Saint -Antoine
Evangelical church with outbuildings ( former convent )
Sources, Web Links
- Lixheim on the sides of the Municipal Association (French)
Abreschviller | Arzviller | Unteraspach | Assenoncourt | Avricourt | Azoudange | Barchain | Bébing | Belles- Forêts | Berling | Berthelming | Bed Born | Bickenholtz | Bourscheid | Brouderdorff | Brouviller | Buhl- Lorraine | Dabo | Danne- et- Quatre -Vents | Dannelbourg | Desseling | Diane -Capelle | Dolving | Fénétrange | Fleisheim | Foulcrey | Fraquelfing | Fribourg | Garrebourg | Gondrexange | Gosselming | Guermange | Guntzviller | Hangviller | Harreberg | Hartzviller | Haselbourg | Hattigny | Skin Clocher | Bright ring -lès- Fénétrange | Héming | Henridorff | Hérange | Hermelange | Hertzing | Hesse | Hilbesheim | Hommarting | Hommert | Hultehouse | Ibigny | Imling | Kerprich -aux -Bois | Lafrimbolle | Landange | Laneuveville -lès- Lorquin | Langatte | Languimberg | Lixheim | Lorquin | Lutzelbourg | Métairies - Saint- Quirin | Metting | Mittelbronn | Mittersheim | Moussey | Neufmoulins | Niderhoff | Niderviller | Niederstinzel | Nitting | Oberstinzel | Phalsbourg | Plaine -de- Walsch | Postroff | Réchicourt -le- Château | Réding | Rhodes | Richeval | Romelfing | Saint- Georges | Saint -Jean -de- Bassel | Saint -Jean- Kourtzerode | Saint Louis | Saint- Quirin | Sarraltroff | Sarrebourg | Schalbach | Schneckenbusch | Trois Fontaines | Turquestein- Blancrupt | Vasperviller | Veckersviller | Vescheim | Vieux- Lixheim | Vilsberg | Voyer | Walscheid | Waltembourg | Wintersbourg | Xouaxange | Zilling
- Commune in the department of Moselle
- Place in Lorraine