Ljabru is a part of the district of north beach of the Norwegian capital Oslo.
When the Ekebergbahn was extended in 1941, the terminus was named Ljabru for a yard by the Ljanselva which lies further south. Ljabru here means bridge over Ljorn what the old name for the Ljanselva is ( Ljarnarbru ). Within the original Ljabru is Hovedgård, a large courtyard, which now houses a kindergarten.
JN Wilse described the area in a travelogue from 1764, in which he mentioned that the former wooden bridge should be replaced by a stone. 1804 a stone bridge was built as part of the Frederikshaldske Kongevei. The bridge is still in use today and is a template for the bridge in the logo of the district.
- District of Oslo