Llandovery (Welsh Llanymddyfri ) is a market town in the county of Carmarthenshire in Wales (United Kingdom).
In 2001, there were 2870 inhabitants in Llandovery.
The city dates back to the Roman camp Alabum, which was built between 50 and 60 AD, to the 4th century had stock. Today, only a few remnants on the hill Llanfair -ar -y- Bryn at the Church of St. Mary to see.
After the city was a erdzeitgeschichtliche series, the Llandovery, named. The name was suggested by Roderick Murchison in 1859.
The Llandovery Castle is a Norman castle dating from the 12th century.